- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ballestras Islands
- Nazca Lines
- Areq uipa
This comprehensive 3 week tour is designed to reveal some of the secrets lying in South America. The tour begins in Lima; you then head south for an incredible Ballestas Islands boat trip where you will see exotic birds and sea mammals. You then travel inland to the desert and the palm trees and sand dunes of the Oasis of Huacachina where we make camp under the stars. You will then visit the mysterious Nazca lines whose true meaning is still up for debate. The tour then starts it's ascent into the Andes to the town of Arequipa and the Colca Canyon, the deepest in the world. The tour then takes us to Cuzco where we prepare for the unforgettable Inca Trail, after reaching Machu Picchu we head back to Cuzco for some relaxing time in this beautiful Andean city. We continue our journey to Lake Titicaca where we spend time learning of the traditions of the local Uros Indians, with free time to laze the day away on the shores of this deep blue lake. The tour makes it's final stop in La Paz, giving you free time to explore the Bolivian capital.
Day 1 : Arrive into Lima
Day 2 : Lima. Drive to Paracas National Reserve. Ballestas Island boat trip
Day 3 : Drive through the Ica Desert to the Oasis of Huacachina
Day 4 : Visit the Nazca Lines & Chauchilla Cemetery. Drive to Arequipa
Day 5 : Arequipa and the Colca Canyon
Day 6 : Arequipa and the Colca Canyon
Day 7 : Arequipa and the Colca Canyon
Day 8 : Arequipa and the Colca Canyon
Day 9 : Arrive in Cuzco. Sacred Valley of the Incas tour
Day 10 : Begin Inca Trail, trek to Machu Picchu
Day 11 : Trek to Machu Picchu
Day 12 : Trek to Machu Picchu
Day 13 : Trek to Machu Picchu, train to Cuzco
Day 14 : Cuzco, free time
Day 15 : Cuzco, free time
Day 16 : Cuzco, drive to Lake Titicaca
Day 17 : Islands of Lake Titicaca
Day 18 : Puno, free time
Day 19 : Lake Titicaca, travel to Bolivia
Day 20 : Drive to La Paz
Day 21 : La Paz. Transfer to airport for departure
- All accommodation (small & simple hotels & guesthouses & 3 nights camping on Inca Trail)
- Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu (4 day trek including all meals and guide)
- Meals as per itinerary
- Airport transfer on arrival in Lima
- All local transport
- Services of tour leader and trekking crew
- Ballestas Islands boat tour
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Return train from Machu Picchu
- Airport transfers from internal flights
- Optional Excursions as listed in the pre-departure information
- International flights
- Meals not specified
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Entrance fees to sites visited
- Airport Taxes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mountains to the Lakes tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 June 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mountains to the Lakes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountains to the Lakes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.