- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 51 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go sandboarding at sunset in Huacachina.
- Spot condors at Colca Canyon.
- Conquer the Inca Trail on the way to Machu Picchu.
- Experience traditional life on Lake Titicaca.
If you have the time and can’t decide between Peru and Brazil, then see them both – and pretty much everything in between – on this 51-day extravaganza. Trek the legendary Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, cross the Bolivian Salt Flats, sip wine in Argentina, and hit the beach in Brazil. You’ll get plenty of energetic culture, the great outdoors, and the company of other young travellers to keep you moving. There’s time later to slow down, take the long road and have an adventure while you can.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Lima/Paracas (1B)
Day 3: Paracas/Nazca (1D)
Day 4: Nazca/Arequipa
Day 5: Arequipa
Day 6: Arequipa/Colca Canyon (1B)
Day 7: Chivay/Arequipa (1B)
Day 8: Arequipa/Cusco (1B)
Day 9: Cusco
Day 10: Cusco
Day 11: Cusco/Ollantaytambo
Day 12: Inca Trail
Day 13: Inca Trail
Day 14: Inca Trail
Day 15: Machu Picchu/Cusco
Day 16: Cusco
Day 17: Cusco/Puno
Day 18: Puno/Lake Titicaca
Day 19: Lake Titicaca/Puno
Day 20: Puno/La Paz
Day 21: La Paz
Day 22: La Paz/Sucre
Day 23: Sucre
Day 24: Sucre
Day 25: Sucre/Potosí
Day 26: Potosí
Day 27: Potosí/Uyuni
Day 28: Uyuni/Salt Flats and Desert Crossing
Day 29: Salt Flats and Desert Crossing
Day 30: Salt Flats and Desert Crossing /San Pedro de Atacama
Day 31: San Pedro de Atacama
Day 32: San Pedro de Atacama/Salta
Day 33: Salta
Day 34: Salta/Buenos Aires
Day 35: Buenos Aires
Day 36: Buenos Aires
Day 37: Buenos Aires/Colonia
Day 38: Colonia/Montevideo
Day 39: Montevideo
Day 40: Montevideo/Estancia Stay
Day 41: Estancia Stay
Day 42: Estancia Stay/Iguassu Falls
Day 43: Iguassu Falls
Day 44: Iguassu Falls
Day 45: Iguaçu Falls/Paraty
Day 46: Paraty
Day 47: Paraty/Ilha Grande
Day 48: Ilha Grande
Day 49: Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro
Day 50: Rio de Janeiro
Day 51: Rio de Janeiro
- Simple hotels (29 nts, twin-share), hostels (9 nts, multi-share), overnight buses (4 nts), camping (3 nts), homestay (1 nt), G Adventures-supported lodge/basic hotels on Salar de Uyuni excursion (2 nts, multi-share), estancia/ranch (2 nts, multi-share)
36 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 9 dinners
Note: Allow USD1240-1615 for meals not included.
- Public bus, train, hiking, plane, 4x4 truck, ferry.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on hike, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Your G for Good Moment: Jukil Community Experience & Lodge, Santiago de Agencha
- Your G for Good Moment: Favela Experience, Rio de Janeiro
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Foodie Moment: Huacachina Winery Visit, Huacachina
- Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Your Foodie Moment: Sacred Valley Brewery, Ollantaytambo
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Cusco
- Your Local Living Moment: Lake Titicaca Homestay, Lake Titicaca
- Your Discover Moment: Sucre
- Your Discover Moment: Salta
- Your Discover Moment: Buenos Aires
- Your Discover Moment: Paraty
- Your Discover Moment: Ilha Grande
- Your Discover Moment: Rio de Janeiro
- Sunset sandboarding & dune buggies (Huacachina)
- Pachamanca-style dinner (Nazca)
- Colca Canyon excursion
- Inca Trail hike with a local guide and cook (4 days)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Lake Titicaca excursion
- Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flats) excursion (3 days)
- Entrance and visit to Iguassu Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Lima and from Rio de Janeiro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Lima to Rio: Coast to Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 234+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lima to Rio: Coast to Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lima to Rio: Coast to Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lima to Rio: Coast to Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Merchandising : Award Winning Inca Trail ProgramNamed Best Inca Trail Tour Operator by the Regional Direction of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Cusco (RDFTTC) in Peru. Your purchase of this tour helps employ over 560 local guides, porters, cooks, drivers, and office staff — connecting local communities to the global tourism chain.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.