- duration 8 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike to remote Quechua villages
- Interact with the local communities
- Enjoy stunning views of the snowcapped mountains
- Visit the archaeological site of Machu Picchu
Live a real cultural experience through this Lares Trek adventure. You will enjoy a decent amount of hiking and get some amazing views of the snow-capped mountains. The main draw of the Lares Trek is hiking to remote Quechua villages where locals are dressed in their traditional clothes. You will appreciate their unique way of living and how not much has changed in hundreds of years, before finishing your cultural experience with a guided tour of the amazing site of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima - Cuzco, Peru
Day 3: Cuzco, Peru
Day 4: Cuzco - Wakawasi, Peru
Day 5: Wakawasi - Patacancha, Peru
Day 6: Patacancha - Aguas Calientes, Peru
Day 7: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
Day 8: Cuzco, Peru
- 7 Nights in hostels, 3 or 4-star hotels and camping during the trek
- 1N in Lima
- 3N in Cuzco
- 2N camping during Machu Picchu Trek
- 1N in Aguas Calientes
- 6 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s) (with 3 Snacks)
- Airport transfers, flights, train and bus transportation
- Airport Transfers
- Domestic flight Lima - Cuzco
- Van Cuzco - Lares town (starting point of the trek)
- Round Trip tourist train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Round Trip tourist bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco
- Professional bilingual guide on trek and Machu Picchu tour
- Active adventure and city exploration
- Trekking to Machu Picchu
- Explore Lima
- Explore Cuzco
- Briefing, entry fees, services during trek
- Pre-departure briefing
- Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Emergency oxygen bottle and First aid kit
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- International flights
- Hot springs Lares Town (10 soles)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (200 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (48 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Other activities
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lares Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lares Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lares Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler and couples will have a private room.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
Typical Meals on the Trek
On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek.*Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance).
BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
LUNCH AND DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols