- Walking tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lima’s grand colonial facades, Spanish houses and endless culture make it one of the prettiest cities to explore in Latin America.
- Explore Cusco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Incan and colonial influences, and seemingly endless things to do and see.
- Adjust to the altitude with a pisco sour and some ceviche to get to know Peruvian cuisine.
- This trip gives both trekkers and nontrekkers the chance to visit Machu Picchu with Inca Trail*, Quarry Trail and train options.
Travel to Peru and retrace the steps of the Inca, Peru's fascinating ancient civilisation. Beginning in Lima, journey through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley, see the magnificent Ollantaytambo ruins before the ultimate destination – reaching Machu Picchu. This action-filled Peruvian tour gets you closer to the secrets of this elusive civilisation on a breathtaking adventure along the Inca Trail.
Sacred Valley - Ollantaytambo (2792m)
Inca Trail (3100m)* or Quarry Trail (3700m) or Cusco
Inca Trail (3650m)* or Quarry Trail (3600m) or Cusco
Inca Trail (2650m)* or Aguas Calientes (2040m)
Machu Picchu (2430) - Cusco
- Route 1 Inca Trail: Camping with basic facilities (3 nights), Hotel (4 nights). Route 2 - Quarry Trail: Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Hotel (5 nights). Route 3 - Train option: Hotel (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Plane , private vehicle , taxi , train
- An expert tour leader
- Cusco - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cusco - Chocolate Museum Visit & Hot Chocolate
- Sacred Valley - Community visit & lunch
- Cusco - 3 Night/4 Day Inca Trail (or 2 Night/3 Day Inca Quarry Trail)
- Machu Picchu - Guided tour
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Express from Lima tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- This trip involves a lot of walking to see the sites, and if you trek the Inca Trail* or Quarry Trail, there'll be strenuous hiking. The trip is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Please bring comfortable footwear suitable to hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- For those who trek the Inca Trail* or Quarry Trail, you'll be camping with basic facilities. It's definitely the journey as well as the final destination (Machu Picchu) that makes this way of exploring Peru worthwhile.
- Can't decide which trek is for you? Read up on them here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/inca-trail-vs-quarry-trail/
- This trip forms part of many longer combination trips. Some of your fellow travellers may have started earlier in Lima or elsewhere or be traveling on further after Peru, and some will be doing different routes to Machu Picchu.
- *Please note that the Inca Trail trekking route is currently closed until further notice due to the pandemic.Quarry Trail and train option are still available
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.