- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Tour Code BM-3283
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Whether you trek the Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, you'll be travelling responsibly with a company that cares about balancing profit and purpose. Intrepid is the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail and we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all.
- Discover Lima’s grand colonial facades, Spanish houses and endless culture that makes this city one of the prettiest cities to explore in Latin America – all with a local leader who has all the best insights.
- Explore Cusco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. This foodie hub has ancient foundations and an interesting blend of Incan and colonial influences – kick back or take on some fun optional activities.
- Set your sites on the mysteries of Machu Picchu, nestled within an Andean rainforest high in the mountains. This trip gives both trekkers and non-trekkers the chance to visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World with the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or train option.
- Travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, known for its steep and soaring scenery, mystical significance and Indigenous cultures that still reside here. Enjoy lunch at a local community and then visit an organic café providing support to local women.
Travel to Peru and retrace the steps of the Incas – Peru's fascinating ancient civilisation. Beginning in Lima, the capital of Peru flanked by Spanish colonial architecture, you’ll journey through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley, see the magnificent Ollantaytambo ruins and take on your own trail (the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or scenic train route) to Machu Picchu – nestled high in the Andes, this is one of the Seven Wonders of the World! End it all in Cusco, a foodie’s paradise and cultural hub of nightlife. This eight-day Peruvian tour gets you closer to the secrets of the elusive civilisation that once resided here.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Cusco (3450m)
Day 3: Ollantaytambo
Day 4: Inca Trail
Day 5: Inca Trail
Day 6: Inca Trail
Day 7: Cusco
Day 8: Cusco
- Route 1 Inca Trail: Camping with basic facilities (3 nights), Hotel (4 nights). Route 2 - Quarry Trail: Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Hotel (5 nights). Route 3 - Train option: Hotel (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Plane , private vehicle , taxi , train
- An expert tour leader
- Cusco - Leader-led orientation walk
- Sacred Valley - Community visit & lunch
- Sacred Valley - Coffee & cake
- 3 Night/4 Day Inca Trail (or 2 Night/3 Day Inca Quarry Trail) guided hike(s) with porters' support. Or guided Cusco stay (Machu Picchu by train)
- Machu Picchu - Guided tour
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Express from Lima tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Express from Lima tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- This trip involves a lot of walking to see the sites, and if you trek the Inca Trail or Quarry Trail, there'll be strenuous hiking. The trip is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Please bring comfortable footwear suitable for hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- For those who trek the Inca Trail or Quarry Trail, you'll be camping with basic facilities. It's definitely the journey as well as the final destination (Machu Picchu) that makes this way of exploring Peru worthwhile.
- According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
- Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.