- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, plus have an early morning tour of the ruins
- Spend three nights deep in the Amazon Rainforest
- Explore Lake Titicaca, with a homestay on one of its islands
- Enjoy the old Inca capital of Cuzco, with its Inca and colonial architecture
Peru has been home to many civilisations, most notably the Incas, whose ancient cities and fortresses are still being discovered across this fascinating region. This three-part itinerary includes the Inca Trail (or alternative Moonstone Trek ), which takes in beautiful mountains and cloud forest as it follows a historic route to Machu Picchu, the best-preserved and most dramatic Inca ruin. It also explores the harsh landscapes of the high altiplano and the islands of Lake Titicaca and, in complete contrast, the dense jungles of the Amazon Rainforest.  https://www.exodus.co.uk/peru-holidays/moonstone-trek-option
Day 1: Start Lima; free afternoon.
Day 2: Fly to Puerto Maldonado; boat journey into Tambopata Reserve; guided jungle
Day 3-4: Jungle exploration including forest walks and boat trips.
Day 5: Fly to Cuzco (3400m); free time to explore the ancient capital replete with
Inca buildings and Spanish churches.
Day 6: Free day; optional Sacred Valley excursion.
Day 7: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along Urubamba
River, climb to Huayllabamba.
Day 8: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then descend to
Day 9: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of Sayajmarca
Day 10: The Classic Inca Trail: Walk down Inca steps to Wiñay Wayna and Machu Picchu
via the Sun Gate.
Day 11: Guided tour of Machu Picchu; return to Cuzco by train and by road.
Day 12: Drive across altiplano to Puno (3800m), on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Day 13: Boat to Amantani Island for village homestay.
Day 14: Morning travel to mainland; afternoon fly to Lima
Day 15: End Lima.
- 7 nights hotels and 3 nights rainforest lodge in en suite rooms, 1 night homestay with basic shared facilities, and 3 nights full-service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 6 dinners
- Travel by private bus, train, boat and 3 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Altitude maximum 4215m, average 3050m
- 7kg personal weight limit on Inca Trail trek
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to/from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Inca Trail & the Amazon Rainforest tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 157+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail & the Amazon Rainforest tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail & the Amazon Rainforest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail & the Amazon Rainforest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.