- duration days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lake Titicaca The highest navigable lake in the world. (Optional visit to Uros and Taquile islands)
- The Inca Trail Fully supported fourday trek along the classic Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu One of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Discover this famous Inca citadel surrounded by cloudforest
- Cusco Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas
Discover the diversity of Peru on this fascinating journey through the highlights of the country. Explore the floating reed islands of Lake Titicaca, visit colonial Cusco, trek the spectacular Inca Trail through the Andes mountains and venture into the Amazon jungle. The Inca Trail - Fully supported four-day trek following a quieter route and camping away from the crowds Machu Picchu - Explore this famous Inca citadel surrounded by cloudforest Rainbow Mountain - Spectacular Palccoyo trek through a landscape of multi coloured mountains (Included for 2020 departures) Amazon - Stay at an eco-lodge in the fascinating Amazon basin
Day 1 : Join trip Lima
Day 2 : Fly to Juliaca; drive to Puno
Day 3 : Visit Sillustani pre-Inca burial ground. Explore around Lake Titicaca
Day 4 : Free day. Optional visit to Uros and Taquile Islands
Day 5 : Travel through the Andes to Cusco
Day 6 : Visit to Sacsayhuaman and Pisac market
Day 7 : Commence Inca Trail. Walk to Llaqtapata ruins
Day 8 : Follow river to Wayllabamba village. Continue to Llulluchapampa
Day 9 : Cross 'Dead Woman's Pass' (4,200m). Through cloudforest to Phuyupatamarca
Day 10 : Arrive to Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate
Day 11 : Revisit Machu Picchu. Return to Ollantaytambo by train. Continue by bus to Cusco
Day 12 : Free day. Opportunity to go white water rafting
Day 13 : Fly to Puerto Maldonado, transfer to Amazon lodge
Day 14 : In Amazon Jungle; Canopy walk and Sandoval Lake
Day 15 : In Amazon Jungle; boat ride and Inkaterra experience
Day 16 : Early morning boat to Puerto Maldonado and end trip at airport
- 9 nights comfortable hotel
- 3 nights simple camping
- 3 nights comfortable lodge
- 15 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- Bus, Flight, Train
- Explore Tour Leader / Trek Guide, Boat Crew, Cook, Local Guide(s), Porter(s)
- Any international flights to Lima and from Puerto Maldonado airport are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Heights of Machu Picchu + Amazon Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 06 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Heights of Machu Picchu + Amazon Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Heights of Machu Picchu + Amazon Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.