- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy fun activities for the entire family
- Be enthralled by the Nazca Lines and a wildlife experience in the Amazon rainforest
- Raft the Urubamba River and enjoy camping under the stars
- Discover the amazing ruins of Machu Picchu and the village of Ollantaytambo
An action packed family adventure to discover the highlights of Peru. This carefully designed itinerary will appeal to the whole family, taking in the many highlights of Peru through a range of activities from cycling to rafting, canoeing to walking. From Lima we travel along the coast and take a cruise to the Ballestas Islands, the mini 'Galapagos' of Peru, before continuing south to Nazca. We then fly across the Andes to the superb Amazonian rainforest, where from the comfort of our lodge we explore the jungle by foot and canoe whilst on the look out for monkeys, capybaras and hoatzin. In Cusco, the focus turns to history and culture as we enjoy day walks and cycling around the former Inca capital. Entering the Sacred Valley of the Incas we board our rafts for a day exploring the famous Urubamba River before walking to our secluded campsite. The highlight of our journey is our time spent viewing and learning about the fascinating history of the lost city of Machu Picchu.
Day 1 : Arrive Lima
Day 2 : Lima, the Pacific coast and Paracas
Day 3 : Ballestas Islands & drive to Nazca
Day 4 : Nazca Lines
Day 5 : Fly (via Cusco) to Puerto Maldonado and transfer to Jungle Lodge
Day 6 : At the Rainforest Lodge
Day 7 : Fly to Cusco and drive to Sacred Valley
Day 8 : Ollantaytambo
Day 9 : Walk down the Patacancha Valley
Day 10 : Raft the Urubamba River in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 11 : Train to Machu Picchu
Day 12 : At Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
Day 13 : Tour of Cusco city and nearby ruins
Day 14 : Cusco cycle tour
Day 15 : Free Day in Cusco
Day 16 : Drive to Cusco airport, fly to Lima
- Comfortable well located hotels
- Reduced rate for children under 11 years of age at the time of travel (applicable if 1 child shares triple room with two adults)
- 15 breakfasts, 6 lunch , 4 dinners
- Airport transfer on Day 1 and Day 16
- Support vehicle while cycling
- Private air conditioned transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Good quality mountain bikes, helmets
- All rafting equipment
- Gear pack including sleeping bag, fibre filled jacket and sleeping mat
- Group camping equipment - including tents and cooking equipment
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed
- Reduced rate for children under 16 years of age at the time of travel
- Internal flights Lima/Cusco/Jungle/Cusco/Lima (the domestic flights in Peru will be quoted separately as they can often change considerably and depends on the international airline that you fly with to Peru. Certain airlines flying to Peru offer special discounted fares for domestic flights if booked in conjunction with the international ticket. Domestic flights have become increasingly expensive, and rather than charge everyone a set amount, our intention is to find you the best possible domestic flight deal in conjunction with your international ticket. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and a flight quote).
- Cost of bottled water, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights & airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 170 today.
- Earn US$ 113+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Adventure in Peru tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Adventure in Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Adventure in Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.