- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Attend 'The Festival of the sun' (Inti Raymi), when Cuzco is awash with dancing and processions
- Iconic Machu Picchu by train with guided tour
- Homestay on traditional Amantani Island, Lake Titicaca
- Colca Canyon and its soaring condors
A spectacular journey through Peru's varied landscape encompassing coastal desert, snow-capped Andean peaks, the high altiplano and lush cloud forest. The most famous sites are all visited including the mysterious Nazca Lines, awe-inspiring Machu Picchu in its incredible mountaintop setting, Lake Titicaca, where the night is spent in an island homestay, and the remarkable 3000m deep Colca Canyon. On the way we encounter traditional culture, condors, llamas, and a warm welcome from the Peruvian people.
Day 1: Start Lima.
Day 2: Drive south along the coast and sail to the Ballestas Islands, home to the
highest concentration of marine birds in the world; overnight in Ica.
Day 3: On to Nazca; see the Nazca lines; optional scenic flight.
Day 4: Turn inland from coastal desert, climbing high into the Andes.
Day 5: Drive to Cuzco (3400m) visiting Inca sites on the way.
Day 6: Free day to explore Cuzco.
Day 7: Attend Inti Raymi Festival in Cuzco.
Day 8: Train to Aguas Calientes; tour of Machu Picchu.
Day 9: Free morning or optional second visit to Machu Picchu; afternoon return to
Cuzco by train and by road.
Day 10: Free day for optional excursions.
Day 11: Drive to Lake Titicaca (3800m), with stops en route; boat to Amantani Island
Day 12: Explore the island; afternoon boat to Puno visiting the floating reed
Day 13: Drive across the altiplano to Colca Canyon.
Day 14: Morning condor viewing; afternoon drive past huge volcanoes to the 'White
City' of Arequipa (2350m).
Day 15: Morning visit Santa Catalina Convent; afternoon fly to Lima.
Day 16: End Lima.
- 15 nights hotels, all en suite, 1 night homestay with basic shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- Travel by train, boat, private minibus/coach and one internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Time spent at altitude
- Several long drives and early starts
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Inti Raymi Festival ticket
- Any international flights to/from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Peru - Inti Raymi Festival tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 142+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Peru - Inti Raymi Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Peru - Inti Raymi Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Peru - Inti Raymi Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.