- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 3 night stay in a community run eco lodge to explore the Amazon Jungle
- Go white water rafting, canyoning or trekking in Banos
- Try horse back riding or mountain biking around the stunning landscape
- Visit the crater lake of Quilotoa
Ecuador is all about its Andean heartland and its pristine Amazon jungle and its cities house some of South America's finest colonial masterpieces. Both Quito and Cuenca, home of the Panama hat, have the most beautiful churches and plazas on the continent. Ecuador is best known for the Galapagos, and if you start or finish this tour in Quito, you must try to add on a trip to the islands.
The Ecuadorian Andes are both verdant and magnificent and it is well worth spending time, trekking, climbing or rafting here before heading into the rain forests of the Amazon.
Crossing into Northern Peru, you leave the greenery behind you and head into dry deserts with the ancient civilisations and monuments of the Moche and the Chimu Indians; Indeed Chan Chan , capital of the Chimu's is the largest Adobe city in the world. Towering above the desert are the mighty Cordillera of the snow capped Andes, ideal for trekking in the Huaraz region.
This trip visits the Huasquila Ecolodge, which promote ecotourism in the area.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Huaraz
Day 3: Huaraz
Day 4: Huaraz
Day 5: Huanchaco
Day 6: Huanchaco
Day 7: Punta Sal
Day 8: Punta Sal
Day 9: Cuenca
Day 10: Cuenca
Day 11: Chugchilán
Day 12: Chugchilán
Day 13: Rio Verde
Day 14: Rio Verde
Day 15: Rio Verde
Day 16: Ecuadorian Amazon
Day 17: Ecuadorian Amazon
Day 18: Ecuadorian Amazon
Day 19: Quito
Day 20: Quito
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- 15 Breakfasts
- 12 Lunches
- 12 Dinner
- Any international flights to Lima and from Quito are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ecuador & North Peruvian Wanderer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 69 today.
- Save US$ 46+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ecuador & North Peruvian Wanderer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Ecuador & North Peruvian Wanderer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ecuador & North Peruvian Wanderer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.