- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Machu Picchu Travel by train to the 'Lost City', one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Cusco Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas
- Arequipa Discover the fascinating Santa Catalina Convent
- Lake Titicaca Traverse the highest navigable lake in the world, visiting the Uros and Taquile Islands
The moment when you catch your first glimpse of the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu is simply unforgettable, and for many this is the reason to visit Peru. But there is so much more to this diverse country. Spend time with the locals during a homestay at Lake Titicaca, watch condors wheeling over the Colca Canyon and unwind in the tranquil sacred valley on this journey through ancient lands. We have planned one departure to coincide with the Inti Raymi celebrations in Cusco. The 'Festival of the Sun' was a religious ceremony during the Inca Empire, and is now one of South America's largest pageants. Lake Titicaca - Enjoy local hospitality in a homestay on one of the islands of this incredible high altitude lake Cusco - Sip pisco sours after a day exploring the ancient capital city of the Incas Machu Picchu - Travel by train to Aguas Calientes, the gateway to this impressive ancient site, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
Day 1 : Join trip in Lima
Day 2 : Fly to Arequipa, free afternoon to explore
Day 3 : Visit the impressive Santa Catalina Convent
Day 4 : Drive to Chivay over the majestic Andean altiplano
Day 5 : Visit the Colca Canyon, continue to Puno
Day 6 : Boat trip on Lake Titicaca; visit Uros Islands and overnight on Taquile Island
Day 7 : Morning on Taquile Island, afternoon return to Puno
Day 8 : Bus to the Sacred Valley
Day 9 : In Sacred Valley; optional whitewater rafting; evening visit to the community of Misminay
Day 10 : Train to Aguas Calientes; visit Machu Picchu
Day 11 : More time to discover Machu Picchu (optional); return to Cusco
Day 12 : Walking tour in Cusco, visit Sacsayhuaman Fortress
Day 13 : Free day in Cusco
Day 14 : Trip ends in Cusco
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Britania Hotel (1 night)
- Casona Plaza Colonial (2 nights)
- Casa Andina Standard Colca - Chivay (1 night)
- Hacienda Puno (2 nights)
- Taquile Village House (1 night)
- Hotel Tikawasi Valley (2 nights)
- Waman Hotel (1 night)
- Yawar Inka Hotel (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Peru tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Peru tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.