- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience iconic Machu Picchu on two occasions to fully appreciate this new world wonder
- Undertake the quintessential Peruvian trek, the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and experience dramatic mountain views
- Explore the Amazon jungle and its amazing rainforest and wildlife
- Enjoy the cultural delights and vibrant markets of Cusco
Trek the Inca Trail with journeys to the Amazon & Lake Titicaca. Peru offers so much variety and this itinerary combines it all. From colonial Lima, we fly across the Andes to our Amazon jungle lodge and with our naturalist guides explore this diverse environment. While in Cusco and the Sacred Valley we wander some of South America's best markets and discover a variety of Spanish and Inca heritage. The discovery of Machu Picchu in 1911 revealed an incredible Inca architectural masterpiece, and this startling find provides a grand finale to our trek along the Inca Trail. On the trail, we ascend from the jungle to the snow capped Andean peaks to complete our spectacular approach to Machu Picchu. Travelling onto Lake Titicaca, we visit the Uros Indians who live on floating reed islands and enjoy a night in a homestay on an island before returning to Lima.
Sol, the Inca ruins of Cusco (and its chocolate museum!) the fascinating sacred Valley and 4 amazing days trekking under canvas with Henry up the Trail to reach our iconic destination, Machu Picchu. Then finally the high lake of Titicaca in a local farmers homestay (Peruvian hat comes in handy as no central heating or hot water but still superb!) on an island there. We also enjoyed some Peruvian cuisine worthy of Masterchef. All the staff could not have been kinder or more
professional in their assistance: the hotels were well chosen and with just one nights exception, provided us with excellent accommodation. We are now planning our return to the continent next year.”
Day 1 : Fly to Lima
Day 2 : Fly across the Andes to Puerto Maldonado in the Amazon Jungle
Day 3 : At Jungle Lodge
Day 4 : Fly to Cusco
Day 5 : Tour of Cusco and the nearby ruins
Day 6 : Drive and walk down into the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 7 : Second day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 8 : Inca Trail trek commences
Day 9 : Trek towards first pass
Day 10 : Trek over second and third pass to Wiñay Wayna
Day 11 : Final day of trek to Machu Picchu, guided tour of Machu Picchu, to Aguas Calientes
Day 12 : Explore Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
Day 13 : Cusco - free day
Day 14 : Overland journey to Puno and Lake Titicaca
Day 15 : Lake Titicaca, Uros Islands and island homestay
Day 16 : Drive to Juliaca Airport, trip concludes
- Comfortable and central hotels
- 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- Airport transfers if arriving on the first day and departing on the last day of the trip
- Private internal transportation
- Expert bilingual guide for each section
- Inca Trail Permit (please check availability with us at the time of booking)
- The use of a gear pack for the trek including sleeping bag, fibre filled jacket, thermarest and head torch
- Group camping equipment
- Porters to carry personal gear
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed (including Machu Picchu entrance fee)
- International flights and taxes
- Internal flights Flights Lima/Puerto Maldonado/Cusco and Juliaca/Lima are not included.
- The domestic flights in Peru will be quoted separately as they can often change considerably and depends on the international airline that you fly with to Peru. Certain airlines flying to Peru offer special discounted fares for domestic flights if booked in conjunction with the international ticket. Domestic flights have become increasingly expensive, and rather than charge everyone a set amount, our intention is to find youthe best possible domestic flight deal in conjunction with your international ticket. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and a flight quote. If you are booking the internal flights yourself, please contact us so we can advise which flights are suitable.
- Excess baggage costs
- Cost of laundry and alcoholic beverages
- Medical treatment
- Visa Costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Peru tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.