- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Gaze at Andean vistas.
- Experience the culture and mingle with the locals.
- Conquer the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Savour the diverse cuisine in Peru.
Get off the beaten path in the highlands of Peru and discover stunning mountain scenery and remote cities few tourists visit. Getting to Cusco is half the adventure — travel by public bus keeps costs down and allows you to connect with the locals in the rarefied mountain air of the Andes. Climb the legendary Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, the "Lost City of the Incas." We operate our own treks in Peru and can ensure the fair treatment of our porters — and an exceptional experience for you.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Lima/Huancayo
Day 3: Huancayo
Day 4: Huancayo/Huancavelica
Day 5: Huancavelica/Ayacucho
Day 6: Ayacucho
Day 7: Ayacucho
Day 8: Ayacucho/Andahuaylas
Day 9: Andahuaylas
Day 10: Cusco
Day 11: Cusco
Day 12: Cusco/Ollantaytambo
Day 13: Inca Trail
Day 14: Inca Trail
Day 15: Inca Trail
Day 16: Machu Picchu/Cusco
Day 17: Cusco
- Simple hotels (13 nts), camping (3 nts).
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD335-435 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private van, hiking, train.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on the hike, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo
- Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Pottery making demonstration
- Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4 days)
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Back Roads & Highlands of Peru tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 85 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 56 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Back Roads & Highlands of Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Back Roads & Highlands of Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.