- Active and outdoor
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Rincon de la Vieja: Enjoy the volcanic views this spectacular national park has to offer. But watch your step as you wander around the fascinating steaming mud pots and boiling water.
- Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and its mesmerising park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
- Sarapiqui: Neighbouring the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a great area for animal spotting, this magnificent region is known for its kayaking and whitewater rafting.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
Uncover the natural beauty of Costa Rica during this 11-day tour around the country. From coast to coast, discover the complexity of the different regions, including the bustling capital city of San Jose and both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Give yourself the opportunity to see a variety of active and dormant volcanoes, rainforests, as well as a plethora of animals and plant life. Enjoy all of Costa Rica wrapped up into one trip!
Day 1: Arrival Liberia – Rincon De La Vieja (35km – 1 Hr)
Day 2: Rincon De La Vieja – Arenal (150km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Arenal – Sarapiqui (130km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Sarapiqui – Tortuguero (85km – 3 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 6: Tortuguero National Park
Day 7: Tortuguero – San Jose (135km – 4 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 8: San Jose – La Paz Waterfall – Vara Blanca (55km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 9: Vara Blanca – Herradura Beach (120km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 10: Herradura Beach
Day 11: Herradura Beach – Depart Liberia (200km – 3.5 Hrs)
- 10 nights' accommodation
- 10 breakfasts,
- 2 lunches on days 5, 6
- 2 dinners on days 5, 6
- Private transfer from/ to the airport
- Air-conditioned transportation as indicated in the itinerary on a shared basis
- Operated with Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis Please note you will be accompanied by local guides for the activities only. There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour.
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- All monuments and visits as indicated: Guided hike in Arenal Volcano National Park, guided hike to Tortuguero village, guided boat tour through the Tortuguero Canals
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International and domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Any extras at the hotels
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate Escape tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate Escape tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate Escape tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.