- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Rincon de la Vieja: Enjoy the volcanic views this idyllic national park offers and let the steaming mud pots and boiling water amaze you.
- Bijagua: With a system of sustainable tourism that helps the local community protect and preserve the surrounding natural environment, this captivating rural retreat is a leader in ecotourism.
- Monteverde: Settled by American Quakers in the 1950s, this primary cloud forest is made up of six unique ‘life zones’ and is home to endangered species and an enormous variety of plant life.
- Manuel Antonio: Though it is Costa Rica’s smallest national park, the picturesque Manuel Antonio is full of wild animals, lush vegetation and beautiful beaches.
Discover Costa Rica’s exotic side during this eight-day nature-filled adventure. Visit the most predominant natural areas of western Costa Rica, seeing an active volcano, a cloud forest high up in the canopy, verdant rainforestS and beautiful beaches. Keep on the lookout for an extensive variety of wild animals, bugs, and fascinating plants. Accommodation is in eco-friendly, sustainable properties to enhance the trip’s natural experience.
Day 1: Arrival Liberia – Rincon De La Vieja (35km – 1 Hr)
Day 2: Rincon De La Vieja – Bijagua (100km – 2 Hrs)
Day 3: Bijagua
Day 4: Bijagua – Monteverde (110km – 3 Hrs)
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Monteverde – Manuel Antonio (190km – 4 Hrs)
Day 7: Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 8: Manuel Antonio – Depart Liberia (270km – 4.5 Hrs)
- 7 nights' accommodation
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 lunch on day 3
- 2 dinners on days 2, 3
- Air-conditioned transportation for the arrival transfer on a shared basis, from Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia to the car rental office
- Air-conditioned transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices in Liberia to the Daniel Oduber Airport
- Second driver
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees for optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Exotic Costa Rica, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Exotic Costa Rica, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Exotic Costa Rica, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.