- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 9+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Lhasa
- See the majestic Yamdrok Lake. Drive around the entirety of the lake
- Visit Drepung, Sera & Samye monasteries
- Spend four nights in a homestay. Learn more about Tibetan people and their culture
Discover the highlights of Lhasa, including the famous Potala Palace. Stroll down the charming Tibetan quarter, brimming with flavours of traditional Tibetan life, and see the Jokang Temple, surrounded by flickering butter lamps. Breathe in the fragrance of incense burning around the temple and see prostrating pilgrims.
Visit Drepung and Sera monasteries, the two largest Buddhist monastic colleges in central Tibet, before heading for Samye Monastery, the first monastery on the Tibetan Plateau, located 120 km to the south of Lhasa. Drive along the Barhmaputra River, which starts its journey from Tibet ands disgorges in the Bay of Bengal.
Your Tibetan homestay experience starts in the Do Valley. Enjoy your first night at a traditional Tibetan homestay in Langthang Dewachen. Experience the local life and have your dinner with your host family. Trek to Bumthang Monastery, traveling past picturesque villages and enjoying panoramic views. The Valley of Langthang Dewachen opens up right in front of you as you reach the monastery.
Drive to Yamdrok Lake via Gongkar Chode Monastery and cross the Kyarola Pass en route. See amazing views of the lake as you drive down the pass. Get the chance to travel around the entirety of this freshwater lake and spend a night in Kangru Monastery, located near the lake. Also included is a Tibetan momo cooking class with a local family, where you will learn the art of preparing this delicacy.
From Yamdrok, this trip will take you through the Karola Pass (not to be missed are the sights of the Karola Glacier and Mount Noijin Kangsang) on the way to Ralung Monastery. Hit the trail and walk up to the monastery (the walking time is approximately two hours). Take in the surrounding views before it is time to return.
This tour comes to an end after you have reached Lhasa via the western arm of Yamdrok Lake and the Gampala Pass. We will drive you back to the airport after the trip is over.
Day 1: Lhasa arrival and check into your hotel in downtown Lhasa
Day 2: Sightseeing tour in Lhasa (Potala Palace, Jokang Temple and Bharkor Bazzar)
Day 3: Drepung and Sera monasteries
Day 4: Ganden Monastery excursion & drive to Samye Monastery along Barhmaputra
Day 5: Visit Samye Monastery & drive to Langthang Dewachen via Do valley
Day 6: Bumthang Monastery – Gongkar Chode Monastery – Kyarola Pass – Yamdrok Lake – Kora-Kangru Monastery
Day 7: Kangru Monastery to Rimpo grassland and Yamdrok Lake
Day 8: Drive from Kha village to Ralung Monastery
Day 9: Visit Ralung Monastery & drive from Ralung to Lhasa
Day 10: Potala Palace, Kyichu Valley & Lhasa Airport
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Breakfasts everyday except on the last day
- All entry fees to the sites and monasteries mentioned in the itinerary
- All necessary permits
- A local, English-speaking Tibetan tour guide
- Transport provided by a tourist van
- Yamdrok Lake conservation fee
- Karola Glacier conservation fee
- Snacks like biscuits, cheese, dried and fresh fruits and chocolate at homestays
- Oxygen in the vehicle if needed
- Both international and domestic flight tickets
- Lunch and dinner
- Alcoholic beverages
- China visa fees
- Personal insurance, medical and evacuation insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone call, etc
- Any extra cost in the event of landslides and other unforeseen natural calamities
- Save US$ 45 today.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.