- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy rare and stunning views of Mt Everest's north face from its Tibet base camp
- Stand in awe of the spectacular Potala Palace
- Travel to Tibet's second largest city, Shigatse: home to Panchen Lama
- Explore Sera Monastery with a chance to observe the famous monk debate sessions
On this guided tour, drive almost all the way to the Everest Base Camp for once-in-a-lifetime views. Along the way, you will also get the opportunity to explore Lhasa, Shigatse and Tingri. You’ll also visit some the most iconic destinations in Tibet such as Potala Palace, Johkang Monastery, Barkor Kora, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Tashilumpo Monastery and Rongphu Monastery.
You’ll start your trip after a rest day for acclimatization in Lhasa before making your way to Everest Base Camp and back.
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
Day 2: Lhasa City Tour: Potala Palace, Johkang Monastery
Day 3: Lhasa City Tour: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
Day 4: Lhasa to Shigatse
Day 5: Shigatse to Rongpuk
Day 6: Mt. Everest Base Camp; drive back to Shigatse
Day 7: Shigatse to Lhasa
Day 8: Depart from Lhasa
- 6 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- Tibet entry permit and alien's travel permit
- Sharing transfer service during tour
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Admission fee to all tourist sites listed
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Tibetan and English)
- International flight tickets or train tickets
- Flights or train to and out of Tibet
- Lunches and dinners not listed
- China visa fee
- Optional tours, meals, activities and services
- Tips for guides, escort, drives, bellman, etc.
- Personal expenses
- Personal comprehensive travel insurance
- Single room supplement(USD145 per person will be requested once you request or have to stay in a single room)
- Permit delivery fee to airport/train station (Chengdu: USD25 per time; Chongqing:USD60 per time; Beijing/Shanghai: USD45 per time)
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTake a enough rest with minimum exertion on your first day in Lhasa for proper acclimatization. Taking photos is forbidden in the monasteries. If you want to take photos of Tibetan pilgrims, gently ask for permission. Swimming and fishing are not allowed in Tibet's holy lakes. Do not talk about sensitive topics like politics. International tourists are not allowed to travel alone in Tibet according to the policy. Walk clockwise around Barkhor Street. Never venture into the unknown trails. If you are uncertain about something, it’s advisable to ask your guide before you doing it.