- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stand in awe of the spectacular Potala Palace
- Impress yourself in the local Buddhist culture with the help of your native guide
- Explore Sera Monastery with a chance to observe the famous monk debate sessions
- Visit major Tibetan landmarks: Johkang Monastery, Barkor Kora and Drepung Monastery
On this small group tour, explore Lhasa with a local English-speaking guide as you make your way across the major Tibetan landmarks such as Potala Palace, Johkang Monastery, Barkor Kora, Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery.
Before starting the tour, your Tibet travel permit will be prepared in advance for you to travel to Lhasa from a large city in China such as Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu and Guangzhou, among others. Upon your arrival in Lhasa, your guide will pick you up at the airport or the train station and transfer you to your 3-4 star hotel accommodation.
You’ll start your trip after a rest day for acclimatization.
my sincere apologies for disappearing on you, its been busy month.
I wanted to thank you on behalf of me and my mom for a wonderful and unforgettable trip you organized for us. We are left with the memories that will stay with us for many years!
Many many thanks again and again!”
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
Day 2: Lhasa City Tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Monastery
Day 3: Lhasa City Tour: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
Day 4: Depart Lhasa
- 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- Sharing basis transfer during trip
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation with breakfast listed
- Tibet permits
- Airport/train station transfer shuttle service
- Flights or traisn to and from Tibet
- Visa fee
- Personal comprehensive travel insurance
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Optional tours, activities and services
- Tips for guides, escort, drives, bellman, etc.
- Personal expenses
- Single room supplement（USD75 per person needs to pay upon arrival if you request a single room)
- Tibet permit delivery fee to Airport/train station(Chengdu: USD25 per time; Chongqing:USD60 per time; Beijing&Shanghai:USD45 per time))
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTaking photos is forbidden in the monasteries. If you want to take photos of Tibetan pilgrims, gently ask for permission. Swimming and fishing are not allowed in Tibet's holy lakes. Do not talk about sensitive topics like politics. International tourists are not allowed to travel alone in Tibet according to the policy. Walk clockwise around Barkhor Street. Never venture into the unknown trails. If you are uncertain about something, it’s advisable to ask your guide before you doing it.