Explore The Colombian Amazon
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10-70 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-18159
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Spanish
- See woolly monkeys, pink dolphins, capybaras and other exotic animals in the wild
- Spend a night in a treehouse 12 meters (39 feet) above the forest floor
- Hike through a rainforest to visit a Huitoto village
- Travel by boat on the Amazon River. Kayak on its tributaries and lakes
Start this trip with a pickup service from Leticia Airport to Tanimboca Natural Reserve. Go out on a nocturnal hike through the forest and see the animals that hide during the day. Walk through the forest to visit the Huitotos, an indigenous community living in the area.
Take a boat to Marasha, a natural reserve located in the Peruvian territory, and enjoy seeing a variety of wildlife before making your way to Mocagua, in Colombia. Walk through the forest and see woolly monkeys and other animal species. Travel to Parque Santander in Leticia to see thousands of parakeets and other birds.
Go beyond sightseeing and experience the Amazon in fun, active and exciting ways. Enjoy zip lining on the final day of the trip and fly from canopy to canopy before making your way back to Leticia Airport. For more about this trip, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Tanimboca
Day 2: Visit a Huitoto village
Day 3: Tanimboca - Marasha
Day 4: Marasha - Mocagua
Day 5: Zip lining in Tanimboca
- Airport pickup and drop off (from and too Leticia Airport). All transfers as per the itinerary
- Accommodation as per the itnerary
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast of Day 5
- An experienced tour guide
- Entrance fees to destinations as per the itinerary
- Flights to and from Leticia
- Trail food, alcoholic drinks and meals except those mentioned on the itinerary
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationYou need to get vaccinated for yellow fever at least 10 days before you arrive in Leticia. You can get the vaccine for free at the Bogota airport.
How many days should I spend in Colombia?
If you are wondering how many days to spend in Colombia, given the size and beauty of the country, we recommend at least 10 days to hit up all the main spots, and get a real feel for Colombia’s unique vibe.
When should you visit Colombia?
Realistically, there is no bad time to visit Colombia, but December to May is a great time when the country’s greenery comes to life. For more information, you can check out our article on the best time to visit Colombia.
Is a week enough in Colombia?
Honestly, a week in Colombia is not really enough, but if you only have a week, we recommend that you focus your itinerary in only one region. Five days in Bogota or Medellin can be great.
- Is Colombia friendly to tourists?
- Can I use my credit card in Colombia?