- duration 11 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Follow one of the most ancient pilgrimage routes in the world!
- Stay in converted water mills, hilltop monasteries and stylish farmhouses
- Soaring cathedrals, Roman bridges, country chapels and thatched Galician villages
- Poppysprinkled wheat fields, orchidrich water meadows, pinescented woodland
The Camino de Santiago de Compostela is one of the world's oldest pilgrimage routes, and in 1987 was declared the first European Culture Route. Since Apostle James’ tomb was discovered in the ninth century, the route has also been known as 'The Way of St James'. The symbol of the scallop shell, typically found on the Galician shores, marks the way. On completion of at least 100km of the route, it is a great tradition to receive a certificate or ‘compostela’. Taking a self-guided walk along the Camino is a perfect way to meet travellers from all over the world, as they journey from far and wide to walk this important route.
Trek from Cruz de Ferro to Molinaseca.
Ascend the Rio Valcarce Valley to O'Cebreiro; sunset viewpoint.
Walk between villages overlooking the Monastery of Samos; continue to Sarria.
Head up the Celerio Valley; descend into Portomarin.
Walk up Torres Valley to the delightfully rural farmhouse at Lestedo.
Hike to O'Coto via Palas del Rei.
Leave hamlet of O'Coto; walk to Arzua.
From Arzua walk to a converted watermill in Rua.
Walk to Santiago via Monte do Gozo; visit the cathedral.
End Santiago de Compostela.
- 10 nights in 2 to 4-star hotels , All accommodation
- All buffet breakfasts and 7 dinners
- 9 days point-to-point walking
- Altitude max. 1300m, average 700m
- Self-guided holiday. Min age 12 yrs
- Route notes
- Any international flights to Leon and from Santiago De Compostela are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Self-Guided Walking on the Camino de Santiago tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Self-Guided Walking on the Camino de Santiago tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 31 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Self-Guided Walking on the Camino de Santiago tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Self-Guided Walking on the Camino de Santiago tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.