- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Crampon and ice axe tuitionTwo day summit attempt increases chances of successComfortable hotel accommodation in Le Fayet
In the Mont Blanc massif, there is one giant which stands alone amongst a myriad of snow-capped peaks. Looming over the climbing mecca of Chamonix, the majesty of Mont Blanc has captivated climbers for centuries and calls all would-be explorers to join them a top of Western Europe’s highest peak. Attempted over two days, our itinerary is designed to give you the very best chance of reaching the summit. During the expedition, the rewarding peak of Tête Blanche will also usually be climbed, teaching snow and ice techniques, building your confidence and helping with acclimatisation.Mont Blanc permits: It is mandatory for climbers to hold a permit on this trip. While the climbing permit is included in the package, the number of permits released is limited and they are only released on certain dates each year. Therefore your booking won’t be confirmed until we obtain your permit. Permits are expected to be released on three different dates in 2020 and they are highly sought after. We strongly recommend booking at least 6-8 months in advance to avoid disappointment.
On the first night we were told that there was '99%' likelihood that the Gouter Route would remain closed for the duration of the trip.
I am disappointed that I was not told in advance of the booking as I have a flexible work environment allowing me to move holidays. Exodus should have informed me and the rest of the group in advance providing us with the option or re-booking which in the very least would have saved approx 500 of the add on costs (UK airport parking, equipment hire, lift passes, etc.)
I have done a number of trips with Exodus and never had a problem in the past, but to allow the group to fly out on a 'Mont Blanc Ascent' after months of preparation and training, when they knew the mountain was closed is very disappointing.”
Day 1: Transfer to Plan de l’aiguille (2207m); equipment hire.
Day 2: Acclimatisation and training day. Practice of scrambling techniques and
Day 3: Transfer and cable car to Albert Premier refuge. Afternoon snow and ice
Day 4: Glacier technique training; classic climb to Tete Blanche (3429m).
Day 5: Train to Nid d’Aigle (2372m); walk to the Tete Rousse hut (3167m).
Day 6: Climb to the Gouter hut and then the Mont Blanc (4810m).
Day 7: Second chance to climb the summit; descend to Le Fayet.
Day 8: End Le Fayet.
- 3 days training/high-level trekking, 2 days summit attempt3 nights 2-star hotel, 4 nights mountain hutsGroup normally 4 to 6, plus UIAGM mountain guide/s as appropriate. Altitude maximum 4810m, average 2900mOptional single supplement for the hotel nights only ,All breakfasts and 4 dinnersAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Le Fayet Du Milieu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mont Blanc Ascent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 237 today.
- Earn US$ 158+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mont Blanc Ascent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mont Blanc Ascent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mont Blanc Ascent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.