- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spending three nights in Yosemite National Park means two full days of exploration. With so many options on what to do, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Discover another side to Yosemite’s towering granite cliffs, redwood forests and epic night skies by hiking one of its lesserknown trails – Hetch Hetchy – with your local leader.
- Soak up the scenery on a relaxing visit to a natural hot spring near the township of Bishop. It’s the perfect way to relax and get to know your travel pals.
- With a knowledgeable leader and driver getting you from place to place, all you’ve got to worry about is snapping the best photo and getting the most out of your Californian road trip.
City, coast, hot springs, national parks and a whole load of wide-open roads – take on Vegas to San Fran in just six days with a Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Stop by Sierra Nevada to soak in local hot springs and pass by Mono and Tenaya lakes on your way to the extraordinary Yosemite National Park. With two full days spent here, marvel at Half Dome and hike the Hetch Hetchy Valley with your small group, plus reap the benefits of the freedom to explore at your own pace. Once you wind up along the culture-filled harbourside of San Francisco, you’ll have found your calling. The Western USA is a place for dreamers – let one be you.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Sierra Nevada / Keough Hot Springs
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park
- Camping (with facilities) (4 nights), Hotel (1 night)
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Yosemite National Park - Entrance Fee
- Visit to Mono Lake
- Any international flights to Las Vegas and from San Francisco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vegas to San Fran tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vegas to San Fran tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 18 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Vegas to San Fran tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vegas to San Fran tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a participatory trip. That’s a fancy way of saying you’re not just along for the ride – you’re part of a team! You know the phrase ‘the more you put in, the more you get out’. Well that’s extra true on this trip. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out with camp activities like food prep and washing up. It’s all about giving your new travel mates a hand – everyone knows there’s nothing worse than trying to put up a tent on your own!
- That teamwork also extends to our optional food kitty of approximately USD 10 per day, run to cover the cost of meals. This kitty saves you worrying about stuff like where to get food or what exactly sales tax is and helps keep your costs down. Instead of paying individually as you go, it means we can bulk purchase items and cook our own food – though there’s always the chance to use it for the occasional pizza night! The kitty is optional and for your convenience, so if you've got specific dietary requirements you can opt out and purchase (and cook) your own food.
- North America is a world of endless possibilities – that’s why our trips are designed so they fit together as (not quite endless) combinations. This means that while you might just be starting your trip, some of your new travel mates may have been travelling together for a week or more (and so have some great tips for you).
- From the steep hiking trails of Yosemite to the towering hills of San Francisco, this trip can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- The USA is a big country. Distances between destinations may be longer than what you're used to, especially if you're coming from Europe. There are some long days of driving, so expect to spend a lot of time in the van. Conditions can feel a little cramped, but the passing scenery and your new travelling friends will keep you occupied.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers