- duration 9 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Trek through stunning alpine scenery of the Salzkammergut region of Austria
- Experience the exhilaration of cycling between picturesque lakeside towns
- Take in the immense history of the area from pre historic times
- Enjoying the warm family run hotels
Experience the very best of the Austrian Lakes district by bike and on foot. From the enchanting alpine lakes of the Salzkammergut, along quiet cycle paths and mountain trails, this multi-activity adventure delves into the stunning landscapes to ensure a full appreciation of the Austrian Lakes district. Cycle through pastures and alongside magnificent mountain ringed lakes to the World Heritage town of Hallstatt, the town of Mondsee and the old Kaiser town of Bad Ischl. Explore old castles and ancient salt mines, hike forest trails to view striking glaciers and soak up the warm hospitality of carefully handpicked mountain hotels and guesthouses.
Day 1 : Arrive Lake Wolfgangsee
Day 2 : Walk to Lake Schwarzensee (4-5hrs)
Day 3 : Cycle via Mondsee to Lake Attersee (40-55km/25-34mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to Lake Traunsee then onto Bad Ischl / Lake Traunsee (65km/40mi or 45km/28mi)
Day 5 : Follow the brine pipeline and cross high pastures to Altaussee, bus to Bad Aussee (5-6hrs)
Day 6 : Cycle to Hallstatt or Bad Goisern (30 to 42km/18.5-26mi)
Day 7 : Walk along alpine trails on the flanks of Mt Krippenstein (3 to 8hrs)
Day 8 : Ferry across Lake Hallstatt, cycle to Lake Wolfgangsee (35 to 45km/22 to 28mi)
Day 9 : Trip concludes
- 8 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels and guesthouses (gasthof) on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Route book for cycling and walking tour book per room
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- 8 breakfasts – Continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, meats, cheeses, coffee, tea and juices.
- Ferry on Lake Hallstatt including bike
- Ferry from Abersee to St Wolfgang
- Bike transfer on walking days
- Mt Krippenstein all inclusive ticket (3 x cable car, guided tour in the ice cave and mammoth cave)
- Rental bike - 11 speed bike (electric bike available on request - supplement applies) with pannier, handlebar bag, lock, pump and repair kit. Helmet rental is included.
- Salzkammergut Card (discounts for over 100 attractions)
- Arrival briefing
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to and from St Wolfgangsee - ask your consultant for transfer rates, rates vary per hotel
- Drinks, lunch and dinner daily (it is possible to pay a supplement to include 8 dinners that are all set menus)
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees & cable cars except as specified as being included
- Storage of luggage
- Transfers – optional trips on bus/ferry/train to shorten hikes except as specified as included
- Tour guide – this is a self guided walking and cycling trip
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 63 today.
- Save US$ 42+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Austrian Lakes Hike & Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Austrian Lakes Hike & Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Austrian Lakes Hike & Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.