- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Cuyabeno Reserve, part of the Ecuadorian Amazon
- Travel through the jungle by motorized canoe
- Visit a local community and learn more about life in a jungle
- Go on a night walk, see nocturnal creatures
Travel to Lago Agrio, a small city in the foothills of the Andes, and enjoy a bus drive to El Puente, the entry point to the reserve. Spread over an area of around 603,380 hectares, the reserve is home to more than 500 different species of colorful birds, ranging from small hummingbirds to majestic harpy eagles, as well as numerous species of reptiles, mammals and fish.
Hike through the primary forest of the reserve listening to your naturalist guide talk about the unique animal, plants and insect species found in the reserve. Go on a canoe ride down a river. If you are lucky, you will come across reptiles like anacondas and alligators (given that these creatures are timid, it is not often that you get to see them).
Meet members of a local ethnic group and learn more about their lifestyle. We will drive you back to Lago Agrio after the trip is over.
Day 1: Lago Agrio - Cuyabeno Reserve
Day 2: Cuyabeno Reserve hike, canoe ride & night walk
Day 3: Local community visit & Laguna Grande
Day 4: Departure
- 3 nights' accommodation in a cozy, tourist-class lodge, with open wooden cabins, beds with mosquito nets and a private bathroom
- All trips and canoe journeys accompanied by a bilingual naturalist guide (English and Spanish)
- Pickup and drop-off service by bus: Lago Agrio - El Puente de Cuyabeno & El Puente de Cuyabeno - Lago Agrio
- All meals, water, coffee and tea as per the itinerary
- Shuttle bus Quito - Lago Agrio
- Shuttle bus Lago Agrio - Quito
- Shuttle bus Quito - Cuyabeno
- Shuttle bus Cuyabeno - Quito
- Transportation (bus or flight) from Quito to Lago Agrio & Lago Agrio to Quito
- Travel insurance
- Contribution to local community (USD5 per person)
- Meals, drinks and anything else not mentioned on the itinerary
- Save US$ 12+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationRequirements: An original document with photographic identification (ID or passport) is mandatory. To be able to make this trip, you need to be in a good physical condition and be able to walk 2-3 hours in a tropical climate. However, you can skip the walks (and in general any activity) and participate only on the canoe trip if you want a more relaxed stay. Note: The safety and interest of our passengers is always our first priority. However, all routes and programs may change without prior notice due to national park policies and regulations, weather conditions, seasonal changes and safety reasons. Packing list: An original identification document with photo (passport or identity card) Long-sleeve t-shirts Cotton socks and shorts Sandals or comfortable walking shoes Rain jackets and sweatshirts Flashlights with spare batteries Personal medicine A toiletry bag (carry biodegradable soaps and shampoo) Swimwear and towels Headgear & sunglasses Sunscreen, insect repellant A waterproof backpack as well as zip-lock/plastic bags Camera & binoculars (10x40 recommended) Notepad, a Swiss army knife, wet wipes, reading material, etc