- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Komodo National Park
- Visit Pualolo Forest, the main home of the Flores monarch
- Visit and stay at Sanonggoang Crater Lake
- Explore Ruteng Nature Reserve and its main bird sites
Take a boat and look for the Komodo dragon and a variety of birds on Rinca Island, one of the three largest islands included in Komodo National Park. Enjoy a guided birding and wildlife hike in the park. Then, visit Ruteng, a small town surrounded by green rainforest and wetlands and very a popular place for birding. Enjoy birding sessions in the Ruteng Nature Reserve. The tour will also take you birding in Puarlolo, where we will specifically look for the Flores monarch and red-cheeked parrot, and Sano Nggoang Crater Lake, one of the deepest crater lakes in the worlds and home to several endemic bird species.
In addition to birding, you can enjoy the landscapes and experience many other activities including swimming, snorkelling and hiking. All accommodation and meals are included in the tour. Please see the itinerary for a more detailed outline of activities and locations.
Day 1: Labuan Bajo and Komodo National Park
Day 2: Komodo hike and owling at Ruteng
Day 3: Ruteng Nature Reserve
Day 4: Ruteng - Puarlolo - Sano Nggoang
Day 5: Sano Nggoang birding and departure
- English-speaking birding guide
- Car with air-conditioning for tours and transfer
- Tickets and entrance fees
- Mineral water and snacks
- Porter (if desired)
- Flight ticket
- Personal equipment
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe intensity of activity on this tour provides choices for participants based on preferences and level of fitness. This tour is appropriate for bird listing, deep birding, identification and bird photography. It is suitable for proper for bird listing, deep birding, identification, and also for bird photography. We will lead you directly to the exact point of the target.