- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- Relax in the vibrant and cosmopolitan centre of Cuzco
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Trek the Classic Inca trail to Machu Picchu Or, take the Wild Andes Trek for a truly unique perspective, Or even the train package with no trekking
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu by local expert
This tour balances Peru with Bolivia through both countries sitting astride the massive Altiplano, or high plateau and populated by the Quechuan Indians. The Cholitas are so quintessentially Andean, that these colourful ladies are almost the symbol of Bolivia.
This trip ties the heartland of the Incas, Cuzco, the Urubamba Valley, Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, into the framework of the Andes and beautiful Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world. The stunning scenery of the region combines with its history to make this region of Peru, the most popular tourist attraction in South America. Hence we purposely offer alternative Inca Trails away from other tourists and spend time visiting the historic Bolivian town of Copacabana and the colourful city of La Paz.
Day 1: Cuzco
Day 2: Inca Trail
Day 3: Inca Trail
Day 4: Inca Trail
Day 5: Inca Trail
Day 6: Cuzco
Day 7: Cuzco
Day 8: Puno
Day 9: Isla del Sol
Day 10: Copacabana
Day 11: La Paz
Day 12: La Paz
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Private Bus, Train
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 4 nights
- Multishare Hostel 1 night
- Wild Camp 3 nights
- Basic Hotel 3 nights
- 11 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 3 Dinner
- Any international flights to La Paz and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Inca Heartland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 118 today.
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Inca Heartland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Inca Heartland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Inca Heartland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.