- Walking tour
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- La Paz Explore the 'City that touches the sky'
- Lake Titicaca Spend two days trekking the Inca Pilgrim Way visiting Inca ruins along the way
- Cusco Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas
- Inca Trail Optional day walk from KM104 to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate
Traverse the mountainous landscapes from La Paz to Cusco on this active trip that includes a two-day hike centred around Lake Titicaca, visiting ancient ruins on the Isla del Sol and enjoying spectacular sunsets across the lake. Culminating with the awe-inspiring views of Machu Picchu, this is an unforgettable Andean adventure. Inca Trail - Take an optional day hike along the Inca trail to Machu Picchu; perfect for those who want to experience part of the famous walk, without doing the full four-day trek La Paz - This quirky city is the perfect introduction to Bolivia's important indigenous cultures Lake Titicaca - Hike on part of the Inca Pilgrim Way, visiting Inca ruins and enjoying incredible views over the enormous lake Why not extend your stay? - This trip can be extended to spend some time in the Amazon, staying in an eco-lodge (trip code: AMZ)
Day 1 : Join trip in La Paz (Bolivia)
Day 2 : In La Paz; time to acclimitise
Day 3 : Walking tour of La Paz; optional trip to Tiahuanaco archaeological site
Day 4 : Free day in La Paz
Day 5 : Drive to Copacabana on the shores of Lake Titicaca
Day 6 : Walk the Inca Pilgrim Way; overnight on Isla del Sol
Day 7 : Boat over to the Island of the Moon and hike
Day 8 : Return to Copacabana and travel to Puno (Peru)
Day 9 : Public bus to Cusco
Day 10 : Walking tour of Cusco; free afternoon to explore
Day 11 : Visit the Maras salt mines and concentric ruins at Moray; sleep in the Sacred Valley
Day 12 : Train to Machu Picchu; optional Inca Trail day trek
Day 13 : Return by train to Ollantaytambo and drive to Cusco
Day 14 : Trip ends in Cusco
- 13 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- El Rey Palace Hotel (4 nights)
- Hotel Gloria Copacabana (1 night)
- Ecolodge La Estancia (2 nights)
- Hacienda Puno (1 night)
- Yawar Inka Hotel (3 nights)
- Hotel Tikawasi Valley (1 night)
- El Santuario Hotel (1 night)
- Public Bus
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to La Paz and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Machu Picchu and Titicaca tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 95+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Machu Picchu and Titicaca tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Machu Picchu and Titicaca tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Machu Picchu and Titicaca tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.