- duration 3 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-29721
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Trek 6,000-metre Huayna Potosi, the "Young Roarer"
- Climb easy moraines and follow gradual glaciers
- Prepare yourself for trekking higher and more technical peaks
This 3-day trek of the Huayna Potosi is one of the easiest 6,000-metre peaks in the world. Only two hours from La Paz with an easy approach and straightforward route, this trek is the perfect warm-up for higher and more technical peaks in Bolivia.NOTE: the tour is run from min 2 pax, for one pax you will have to pay for a private departure
Day 1: La Paz-Huayna Potosi Base Camp, Bolivia
Day 2: Huayna Potosi Base Camp-High Camp, Bolivia
Day 3: High Camp-La Paz, Bolivia
- 2 nights in trek refuges
- 2 Breakfast(s), 3 Lunch(es), 2 Dinner(s),
- Round trip private transfers
- Local Spanish-speaking mountain climbing guide
- 3-day trek Huayna Potosi trek
- Souvenir poster
- Camping and cooking gear
- Technical climbing equipment (climbing shoes, crampons, ice axe, ropes, carabiners, gaiters, harness, rain jacket & rain pants)
- Accommodation pick-up/drop-off
- Head torch
- Sleeping bag
- Other meals & drinks
- Carrier mules for baggage & porters (available at an extra cost)
- Tips for guides
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 15+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Huayna Potosi Trek 3D/2N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2024, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Huayna Potosi Trek 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Huayna Potosi Trek 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
This is a challenging but rewarding trek, with a 4-hour ascent on Day 2, and on Day 3 a sunrise hike starting at 1am, summiting around 6am, and finishing back at base camp at 10 or 11am. The ascents are done at high altitude, and the entire trek requires physical fitness and stamina for long uphill climbs.
Huayna Potosi is a beginner level mountain climb over a 3 day period including basic training, equipment and a rare chance to get over 6000 meters without being an experienced climber. However, do not underestimate the climb, you need to be determined and well acclimatized, spending at least several days at altitude.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
Backpack, mountain trousers, thermal underwear, two polar sweaters, sun block, sun glasses, head lamp, water bottles, mountain sleeping bag (-10°C), extra personal daypack, wool gloves, scarf, thermal hat, thermal socks, chocolates, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit.
The tour is run from min 2 pax and if there is only one pax, you will have to pay for a private departure
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols