- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Be pleasantly surprised by Bolivia’s delicious food scene
- Try a wide range of food from markets, local restaurants, and even fresh produce from nearby Lake Titicaca
- Learn all about the humble produce Bolivians turn into greatness in their traditional dishes
- Taste and discover all kinds of intense chocolate flavors
Neighbouring Peru might be having a moment on the world foodie scene but this La Paz food tour is out to put Bolivia in the spotlight where it belongs. Join us for a Bolivian food adventure where you get to taste fresh organic fruits, fish straight from the famous Lake Titicaca and lots of tasty snacks you’ve never heard of. This being Bolivia and all, a chocolate stop is also an absolute necessity. Ready, set, EAT!
Be sure to come to this tour with an appetite – you’ll need it! We’ll begin our La Paz food tour at Plaza Murillo, where you’ll meet your guide and head off to a local restaurant to dive right into some Bolivian cuisine. Here we’ll try some traditional potato soup, a very common dish that has been warming the Bolivian people for years. We’ll have a chat about the food and flavors of Bolivia, giving you an introduction to this often overlooked cuisine.
From here, we’ll continue on foot to Camacho Market for a sweet bite – some fresh fruit salad. Here you can select from all kinds of colorful, organic fruits to create your own combination of sweet and tangy treats. But don’t fill up too much! We’ll be heading to a chocolate shop, where we’ll sample all kinds of different types of chocolate from Bolivia and learn about its production too.
As we continue to tour La Paz, we’ll jump on some public transport and head towards a restaurant that serves fresh fish from nearby Lake Titicaca, as well as famous potato stew. To put it simply, you can’t get more Bolivian than that!
Next, we’ll walk off some of those calories by making our way back to downtown, passing through a few marketplaces along the way. For those of you who aren’t already stuffed, there will be plenty of opportunity to nibble on some local snacks along the way. With a local shopping alongside you, you’ll be able to learn all about traditional dishes and won’t miss out on the best Bolivian food sold in these markets.
Finally, we’ll finish up the tour in the best way possible – by watching the sunset over La Paz from a gorgeous scenic viewpoint overlooking the city. After you’ve taken some memorable photos, we’ll return to Plaza Murillo, arriving between 5 and 6pm, depending on group pace and crazy La Paz traffic.
- Local English speaking guide
- All food described in the itinerary.
- All other food or drink other than what’s specified in the itinerary
- local transport fees
- and tip / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Food With Altitude tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Food With Altitude tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Food With Altitude tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Plaza Murillo main square in front of the giant stone book statueMeeting end point :
Plaza Murillo main square in front of the giant stone book statueCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.