- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Young Adults
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 31 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-10181
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Take a unique route from La Paz to Rio de Janeiro, stopping at tiny villages and indigenous towns along the way to get an authentic view of South America.
- Hit the offroad on a twoday 4WD adventure across the largest salt flats in the world – Uyuni – exploring cactus islands, train cemeteries and mineral lakes teeming with flamingos.
- Harness your inner gaucho during a threeday stay at a working estancia in Uruguay. Ride horses relax in nature or get involved with farm work – it’s up to you.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and this tour includes a visit to both sides for a complete experience.
- Spend a day in Tilcara, one of the oldest continuously inhabited places in Argentina that is surrounded by steep and spectacular gorges and mountains.
Explore South America on this 31-day tour. Take the road less travelled from sky-high La Paz to party-ready Rio de Janeiro, stopping along the way to see the mind-bending Uyani Salt Flat, follow your rhythm in Buenos Aires, ride horses on a Uruguayan estancia and wonder at the incredible power of Iguazu Falls. This overland adventure is big on freedom – your local leader will give you insider info, your group will provide the company of curious, like-minded travellers, and then you decide how you want to spend your days.
Day 1: La Paz
Day 2: La Paz
Day 3: Sucre
Day 4: Sucre
Day 5: Potosi
Day 6: Uyuni
Day 7: Salar de Uyuni
Day 8: Bolivian Altiplano
Day 9: San Pedro de Atacama
Day 10: Salta
Day 11: Salta
Day 12: Buenos Aires
Day 13-15: Buenos Aires
Day 16: Colonia
Day 17: Estancia Stay
Day 18-20: Estancia Stay
Day 21: Foz do Iguazu ( Brazilian side)
Day 22: Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side)
Day 23-24: Rio de Janeiro
Day 25-26: Paraty
Day 27: Ilha Grande
Day 28-29: Ilha Grande
Day 30: Rio de Janeiro
Day 31: Rio de Janeiro
Day 30: Rio de Janeiro
Day 31: Rio de Janeiro
- Dormitory (2 nights), Estancia (3 nights), Hotel (23 nights), Overnight bus (2 nights)
- 22 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- 4x4 , Boat , Bus , Coach , Ferry , Minibus , Overnight bus , Plane , Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Salt flats - Visit to 'Fish Island/Inca Wasi'
- Uyuni - Colchani Salt Factory Visit
- Eduardo Avaroa National Reserve - Altiplano tour including Laguna Colorada & Laguna Verde
- Welcome Meeting
- Buenos Aires - Leader-led orientation walk
- 3-night stay on a working estancia including meals and activities
- Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls
- Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls
- Rio de Janeiro - Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to La Paz and from Rio de Janeiro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Bolivia to Brazil tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 183+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Bolivia to Brazil tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 October 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Bolivia to Brazil tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Bolivia to Brazil tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip visits places as high as 4900 metres above sea level, which can cause altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and health’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details on travelling at altitude and ensure you are familiar with signs of AMS.
- This tour includes a 4WD excursion through the Andean Desert and salt flats. Expect dusty and bumpy travels, extreme weather and basic facilities. Without a doubt, you can also expect exploring this surreal landscape to be one of the highlights of your trip to South America.
- Please note that our leaders are not able to organise a trip to the ‘Death Road’ cycling route to Coroico for you due to safety concerns. Injuries are common along the road and there have been a number of fatal accidents. Our leaders are also unable to organise tours to the Potosi Mines.
- There are some long travel days and two overnight bus journeys on this trip. Although the buses feature comfortable reclining seats, they are not beds. There’s also usually a toilet on board and some of the buses make toilet stops. These trips can be tiresome, but an adventure around South America wouldn’t be complete without a bumpy bus journey.
- While at the estancia in Uruguay, you can choose to participate in the day-to-day activities of the farm as much or as little as you like. If you do choose to get involved, prepare for some early morning starts and to get your hands dirty when working directly with animals. The accommodation is multishare and meals are served family style. Please inform an Intrepid booking agent if you have any dietary requirements.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.