- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- If you've ever dreamt of walking on water (well, at least on a lake), this is your chance. Cross the epic white expanse of Bolivia's salt lakes on a 4WD adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert
- Empty, haunting and spectacular, the laws of earthly physics bend on the surreal Salar de Uyuni saltpan
- Uyuni is full of unexpected sights just one of these is families of abandoned geriatric locomotives left to rust slowly in the sun at the eerie Train Cemetery
- Ancient mummies don't just exist in Hollywood movies. See some real ones in the Coquesa Caves, which happen to sit at the foot of a dormant volcano
Cruise across the otherworldly landscapes of the Atacama Desert, past ice-capped mountains and colour-shifting lakes, on this 4WD safari. The beautifully unforgiving salt flats and high plains of Bolivia are both a source of history and inspiration, a place where the local Boliviano's have battled with the elements for centuries. Visit the remote towns that make their homes on the outskirts of the world's driest desert, climb among the rusted ruins of the abandoned train cemetery, and create hilarious perspective-bending portraits on the seemingly never-ending salt flats. Embrace freezing temperatures and windy conditions to be rewarded with a luxurious soak in a thermal hot spring. See the twisted geometric formations that inspired Salvador Dali and witness roiling fumaroles and geysers. This is an adventure in its truest sense, taking you to the edge of the Earth on a journey you won't soon forget.
Salar de Uyuni
Natural Hot Springs / Uyuni Town
Uyuni / La Paz
- Dormitory (2 nights), Hotel (3 nights)
- 5 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- 4x4 , Plane
- Uyuni - Full-day 4x4 tour of Salar de Uyuni including a visit to Isla Inca Wasi
- Salt flats - Altiplano tour including Laguna Colorada and Laguna Verde
- Any international flights to/from La Paz are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bolivian Salt Flats & The Andean Desert tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Intrepid Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 40 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 11 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Bolivian Salt Flats & The Andean Desert tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bolivian Salt Flats & The Andean Desert tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.