- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- La Paz
- Uyuni Salt flats
Join us on this 15 day in depth tour of Bolivia's highlights. This tour starts in La Paz with a visit to the main sites of this remarkable city, which is nestled in between the peaks of the Andes. The tour then heads to the dramatic salt flats where the sky is reflected perfectly on the flats like a mirror. We spend three days exploring the flats by 4 wheel drive, this place is like another world, we visit lagoons full of flamingoes as well as volcanoes and geysers. We then leave the salt flats to visit the beautiful towns of Potosi and Sucre. The tour then takes us into the Amazon jungle, we do walks and boat trips exploring the wildlife of the jungle and rivers, we search for monkeys, pink dolphins and other Amazonian wildlife. The tour ends with free time in La Paz for you to do some final exploring before we transfer you to the airport for your flight home.
Day 1 : Arrive into La Paz
Day 2 : La Paz
Day 3 : La Paz to Uyuni by train
Day 4 : Uyuni, journey into the Salt Flats
Day 5 : Salt Flat exploration
Day 6 : Salt Flat exploration
Day 7 : Uyuni, drive to Potosi
Day 8 : Potosi, drive to Sucre
Day 9 : Sucre, free time
Day 10 : Arrive in La Paz, free day
Day 11 : La Paz, fly to Rurrenabaque, Madidi National Park
Day 12 : Madidi to Pampas
Day 13 : Pampas, jungle tours
Day 14 : Pampas to Rurrenabaque, fly to La Paz
Day 15 : La Paz, departure transfer
- All accommodation in simple hotels, guesthouses & jungle lodge as per itinerary
- 3-day/2 night 4x4 Salt Flats excursion with basic accommodation, meals & guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All local transport as per the itinerary including train from Oruro to Uyuni
- Internal flights Orientation tours in La Paz, Potosi and Sucre
- All transfers, including 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- La Paz city tour
- Services of a local tour escort throughout the tour
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Airport taxes
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Optional excursions and entrance fees (see tour notes)
- Park entry fees (allow approx. US$75)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bolivian Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 September 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bolivian Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bolivian Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.