- Getaways and short breaks
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The exotic wildlife of the Amazon is unparalleled anywhere else in the world. Encounter whitelipped peccary, black spider monkeys or green and red macaws on guided walking tours and learn about the rainforest’s delicate ecosystems
- Boat down the Beni and Tuchi rivers, passing through the breathtaking Bala Canyon
- Night walks provide the chance to see illusive wildlife that only come out when the sun goes down
- Witness animals bathe in mud and gather around naturally formed salt licks
From the brightly coloured busy streets of La Paz to lush canopies of Madidi, indulge in equal parts activity and relaxation on this exciting five-day jungle adventure, deep within the Amazon. Take a motorboat up the Tuichi River, hike along the Tareche Trail, observe exotic birdlife, howler monkeys and peccaries on the Biwa Trail, or arm yourself with a torch and explore the jungle at night with a local guide. Learn about the jungle’s many medicinal plants, fish for piranha and chill out with a cool drink in your hammock.
La Paz / Rurrenabaque / Madidi National Park
Madidi National Park
Madidi National Park
Madidi National Park / Rurrenabaque / La Paz
- Hotel (1 night), Jungle Lodge (3 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Madidi National Park - Entrance fee
- Madidi National Park - Wabu trail jungle walk
- Any international flights to/from La Paz are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bolivia: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 55 today.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bolivia: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bolivia: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bolivia: Amazon Jungle Short Break tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip.
- This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
- The rainforest can be extremely humid during the day and very cold at night. It’s important to pack a range of clothing for all types of weather, including waterproof clothing.
- Mosquitos are widespread in the Amazon, so please bring tropical-strength insect repellent and clothes to cover your arms and legs. A mosquito net will be provided at your accommodation.
- The terrain of the rainforest trails can be unpredictable and boggy. Please bring appropriate footwear and thick hiking socks.
- Some activities take place on the water, such as inner tubing down the Tuchi River, but life jackets are always provided.
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and health information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more important details about altitude sickness.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.