- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike fantastic walks across dramatic volcanic terrainExperience spectacular views reaching as far as Mount Teide on TenerifeSample local delicacies such as miel de palma (palm honey)Walk the famous 'Ruta de los Volcanes'
The entire island of La Palma (known as the Pretty Isle) was classed as a Biosphere Reserve back in 2002, and is home to over 900 endemic species. This walking trip takes in the incredibly diverse scenery in the north and the centre of the island taking advantage of the island's well-waymarked paths. Days range from dramatic coastal hikes and walks through the lush National Parks before culminating in arguably the most classic walk on La Palma; La Ruta de los Volcanes.
Day 1: Barlovento; transfer to hotel
Day 2: After a short transfer hike through a prehistoric forest to Barlovento
Day 3: Transfer to Franceses; trek along the steep coastline, through deep gorges
with spectacular ocean views
Day 4: Take a transfer to Roque de Los Muchachos (2426m); walk from the Caldera rim
through the subalpine landscape. Overnight Santa Cruz.
Day 5: Free day. Opportunity to discover the old town of Santa Cruz, or spend the
day at the beach
Day 6: After a transfer, a magnificent hike through the National Park Caldera de
Taburiente with its endemic flora
Day 7: Short transfer to Refugio del Pilar before walking arguably the most classic
and scenic trail on La Palma: Ruta de Los Volcanes
Day 8: Transfer to Santa Cruz airport
- 5 days point-to-point walking; 1 free dayAltitude max 2426m, average 800mGroup normally 6 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16yrs7 nights accommodation in guesthouses and hotelsAll breakfasts and 4 dinners included ,All breakfasts and 4 dinnersAll accommodationAll transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)
- Any international flights to/from La Palma are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Island of La Palma tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 77 today.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Island of La Palma tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking the Island of La Palma tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Island of La Palma tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.