- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Venado Caves
- See underground marks left by ancient rivers and seabeds millions of year ago
- Visit exotic rock formations such as the Papaya, the Coral, the Altar & the Birthing Canal
- Dedicated driver and guide. Small groups to insure a personalized service
With flashlights illuminating your way and all the gear required for exploration, enter into this labyrinth of ancient underground rivers and sea beds. Visit unique rock formations with names like the Birthing Canal, the Papaya, the Coral, and the Altar.
See stalactites and stalagmites jutting out of the ground or hanging overhead. Encounter the creatures that live in darkness, including colonies of bats as well as frogs and river crabs.
Enjoy a buffet of fresh fruits after the tour comes to an end. Be prepared to get wet and dirty inside the cave in order to see this underground world. Relish this unique Costa Rican experience.
- Transportation to and from your hotel in a comfortable minivan with A/C and WiFi
- A bilingual, naturalist guide
- Caves entrance fees
- Exploration equipment (lanterns, flashlights, masks, helmets, rubber boots)
- Towels, bottled mineral water, snacks
- GoPro photo package, insurance policy
- Tips & souvenirs
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPrice per person in USD This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult Minimum age requirement: 08 years A special price for children applies for those between 08 – 12 years May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish) Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or away from the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply. Please find out beforehand The departure times are approximates. Your exact pickup time will be sent in your reservation confirmation Not recommended for people with back or heart problems as well as for pregnant women or people with severe medical conditions Due to irregular surfaces, this tour is not recommended for people with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs