- duration 4 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-15524
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Travel to a regenerated rainforest in La Tigra, 30 minutes from La Fortuna
- Visit a frog sanctuary, see the smallest and largest species of frogs found in Costa Rica
- Enjoy a delicious Costa Rican dinner prepared on a woodfire stove
Travel 600 meters (0.37 miles) from the family land to a small patch of regenerated rainforest. See the mirror-like lakes and wildlife in the area. You can expect to see a variety of nocturnal birds and mammals, insects, amphibians, bats, and more in this reforested area.
The trail will then take you to a frog sanctuary, an area dedicated to the preservation and natural reproduction of frog species. Here you will discover countless species of frogs, including dart and bull frogs, the smallest and largest species of frogs in Costa Rica.
Also see the spectacular Red-eyed tree frog and the beautiful Glass frog. A delicious Costa Rican dinner prepared on a wood-fire stove will be waiting for you by the time the tour is over. Enjoy your dinner while viewing the lights of the valleys of San Carlos. Return to your hotel in La Fortuna.
- Transportation to and from your hotel in an air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Bilingual, naturalist guide
- Sanctuary entrance fee
- Flashlights and lanterns
- Bottled mineral water, snacks and insurance policy
- Tips or souvenirs
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPrice per person (USD) This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults Children must be accompanied by an adult No minimum age requirement Price for children applies to those between 5 & 12 years. Children from 0 – 4 years can travel for free A premium baby backpack carrier for hiking with kids is available without extra cost, subject to availability May be operated by a bilingual guide (English and Spanish) A vegetarian option is available. Please inform us at the time of the booking Transportation included to and from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply. Please ask The departure times are approximates. Your exact pickup time will be mentioned in your reservation confirmation