- Bird watching
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Go birdwatching in an area home to more than 350 specie of birds
- See a variety of avian species found in Arenal Mundo Aventura Natural Park
- Enjoy the services of a specialized birding guide
Follow the circuit trail that takes you through a varied landscape including a dense forest, a regenerating forest with pastures and open areas and small streams that allow the observation of a variety of colorful birds.
Among the most common birds that can be seen in this place are the great kiskadee, yellow tyrannulet, Montezuma oropendola, wing-barred seedeater, tropical kingbird, red-billed pigeon and the groove-billed ani. In addition to these, this place is also home to less common resident species such as the slaty spinetail, which makes an elaborate nest upon an impressive platform of twigs; and the laughing falcon, a large hawk whose presence is an indicator of a healthy environment.
You might even spot a black-cheeked woodpecker and Guianan trogons. Among the aquatic birds in the natural park are the uniform crake and the white-throated crake. The walk will come to an end at around 9:30 am. There is a 30-minute break for a delicious continental breakfast accompanied by juice, fruit and hot coffee.
If you prefer a more technical tour that include other types of birds as well, you can choose between nine alternate options and go for a semi-private tour. We will assign a specialized guide by reservation. Among the additional options we offer are birdwatching at Lake Arenal, Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge, Danaus Ecocenter, El Silencio Reserve, Juan Castro Blanco Cloud Forest and Children’s Eternal Rainforest.
- Transportation from your hotel in a comfortable air-conditioned mini van
- A bilingual naturalist guide with expertise in birding
- Entrance fees to the reserve
- Birding telescope
- Continental breakfast
- Wi- Fi
- Drop-off transfer
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationMinimum 2 adults required to operate this tour. Children must be accompanied by an adult. The minimum age is five years old. Child price applies for ages 5 to 11 yrs. This is a bilingual tour operated in English and Spanish. Vegetarian option is available, please request at time of reservation. Pickup transportation included from most hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or toward the Arenal Volcano, there may be additional pick up costs, please consult at the time of your reservation. Departure times are approximate, your exact time will be on your reservation confirmation.