- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- duration 30 minutes
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ride a rickshaw
- Live commentary from English speaking guide
With over 1200 years of history and thousands of temples and shrines, Kyoto is one of the most famous sightseeing destinations in Japan. Beautiful nature in and around the city contrasts the old streets giving a true feel and introduction to Japanese culture. In other words, this is a fantastic city for a fantastic rickshaw tour.
The area of Higashiyama has many scenes representative of Japanese culture including Geisha dancers in the Gion district and large temples. This is the place to experience the Kyoto of your imagination.
Our rickshaw goes around the Higashiyama area, introducing histories of the town, buildings, shops, restaurants and the other fun facts. Drivers take many memorial photos on the way with your cameras and phones, too.
30 minute course
Leave from the main rickshaw parking lot at Ichinen-zaka of Kodaiji-temple.
See the beautiful landscape of the town as you travel over the traditional stone-paved roads. Make your way to the highlight of the course with an amazing view of the five-storied Pagoda.
60 minutes course
This course is recommended which we can introduce the Gion area mainly. Our rickshaws tour around the Maiko town which is called “Hanamachi”. You can enjoy feeling a real culture of the Gion area.
90 minutes course
The rickshaw starts at the center of Higashiyama, mainly goes around the Gion area including a brief walk in the temple gardens like Kenninji-temple, or you can choose the other routes like running through the Higashiyama area from the South to the North. You can arrange your course as you would like to.
120 minutes course
In this course, you can enjoy the most of the places of our recommend including Gion, and some temples in good atmosphere. Please ask for your route arrangement in detail.
- Charge for Rickshaw
- Consumption tax
- Photo taking (with your cameras)
- Small souveniers
- Admission fee for temples and shrines
- Foods and Drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
- If you cancel more than 1 day prior to the tour start you will get a 100% refund.
- Cancellation 1 day prior the tour start date, 50% refund.
- Cancellation at the tour start date, no refund