- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycling allows you to get closer to the real Japan – from bicycles to Pokemon, serene temples to the organised chaos of the big cities, this classic adventure has it all.
- Choose to end rewarding days in the saddle with amazing Japanese feasts of sushi, unagi, tempura or even fugu, all washed down with a traditional sake or Sapporo beer.
- Ride both bikes and trains for the ultimate change of pace.
- Cycle through peaceful landscapes that show a land far from the big city lights of Tokyo.
From world-class sushi to legendary geisha, enthralling Japan is the perfect destination to discover by bicycle. Our cycling adventure gives you a slowed down, up close look of this fascinating country and allows ample opportunity to meet locals and glimpse the unique culture of the Land of the Rising Sun. From the temples, shrines and geisha of Kyoto to the frenetic but exhilarating chaos of Tokyo, and the beautiful serenity of the Noto Peninsula countryside in between, this cycling adventure has it all.
Additionally, I suggest booking directly with the tour company as communication was not passed from agent company, to tour company, to me the traveler that extra hotel fees were required as the hotel had sold out of single rooms.”
Nara & Kyoto
Noto Peninsula - Togi
Noto Peninsula - Wajima
Noto Peninsula - Suzu
Noto Peninsula - Wakura Onsen
- Hotel (4 nights), ryokan (6 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Bicycle (e-bike option available , subject to availability) , Support vehicle , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Arashiyama Bamboo Forest
- Kanazawa - Kenroku-en Garden
- Kanazawa - Nomura Samurai House
- Myojoji Temple
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Tsukiji Fish Market
- Any international flights to Kyoto and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 167+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 18 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short (anywhere from 10 to 80km / 6-50 miles of cycling each day) the terrain of the Noto Peninsular is naturally hilly and, being coastal, the climate can vary dramatically. Most people with a reasonable level of fitness will enjoy the trip, but remember we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
- To complete this trip it is important that you are confident and competent in riding a bicycle, both solo and in a group environment.
- This cycling route has been carefully selected to be enjoyable and safe, however keep in mind that traffic conditions will vary along the way, and driver attitudes may be different than in your home country.
- While we always aim to ride to our next accommodation, outside of the main cities a support vehicle will also be with you at all times. Please note that the maximum number of cyclists we can fit in the support vehicle is 6.
- On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back-marker where needed) There may be times when a client is asked to be the back marker if the vehicle cannot travel directly behind the group.
- While riding the bikes you’ll be exposed to the elements, so please ensure you’re well prepared with waterproof clothing suitable for both warm and cold weather conditions.
- Please note that the included meals on this trip are primarily based around Japanese food, including breakfast. Western-style food can be challenging to come by, particularly on the Noto Peninsula.
- If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip. Limited sizes are available so book quickly!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal
Finish point instructions