- Bicycle tour
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Off the beaten track cycling Enjoy the landscapes, flavours and characters of rural Japan
- PointtoPoint cycling Uninterrupted ride for 8 days around the Noto Peninsula
- Kyoto Japan's historic capital, filled with temples and traditional tea houses
- Tokyo Explore the modern metropolis
From ancient Kyoto we ride along quiet roads on the Noto Peninsula into the highlands around Shirakawa-go historic village, taking us firmly off the beaten track. Along the way we will see one of the finest Japanese gardens in Kanazawa, stay in ryokan and enjoy varied mountain scenery and coastal paths. Bullet train to Tokyo where we end our journey. Noto Peninsula - Uninterrupted scenic ride for 8 days Delicious local food - Included traditional Japanese cuisine with locally sourced ingredients Kyoto and Tokyo - Experience the ancient and modern capitals
Day 1 : Join tour in historic Kyoto
Day 2 : Kyoto sightseeing by bike. Including Ginkaku-ji and along The Philosopher's Path to the Nanzen-ji temple complex
Day 3 : Morning train to Kanazawa. Bike tour of Kenroku-en Garden and the old teahouse district
Day 4 : Cycling around the beautiful Noto Peninsula including the Chirihama Beach Road
Day 5 : Cycle the coastal road to Wajima, stopping off at the Sojijiso-in temple
Day 6 : Explore Wajima Market. Continue along the stunning coastal road to Suzu
Day 7 : Cycle to Noto Ushitsu as we head down the eastern side of the peninsula
Day 8 : Cycle to Wakura Onsen where ancient, healing hot baths await our arrival
Day 9 : We begin our journey inland as we head up to Shokawa Onsen
Day 10 : Our cycle journey concludes at beautiful Shirakawa-go, famous for its traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses
Day 11 : Shinkansen bullet train to Tokyo
Day 12 : Enjoy Tokyo from our base in the historic Asakusa district a stone's throw from Sensoji temple
Day 13 : Tour ends Tokyo
- Hotel Elcient Kyoto (2 nights)
- Garden Hotel Kanazawa (1 night)
- Noto Royal Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Route Inn Wajima (1 night)
- Rokko Ryokan (1 night)
- Noto Kinpura (1 night)
- Kimpa-so (1 night)
- Royal Hotel Toyama Tonami (1 night)
- Toyota Shirakawa Go Eco Institute (1 night)
- Asakusa Via Inn (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 7 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide
- Any international flights to Kyoto and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 219+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.