- Sightseeing, attractions, culture and history
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Chernobyl Stay the night inside the Exclusion Zone and explore the ghost town of Pripyat, the Red Forest and the 'New Safe Confinement' structure around Reactor 4
- Odessa Spend time on the Black Sea coast and see the Monument to the Orange Tree, MotherinLaw Bridge and Devil's House
- Carpathian Mountains Discover the glistening waters of Lake Synevyr, Shypit Waterfall and the views from the top of Gemba Mountain
- Lviv Appreciate one of Ukraine's most beautiful cities with its elegant, brightly coloured houses, tucked away courtyards and golden domed churches
Explore Ukraine, a vast country which is still largely undiscovered and feels like one of Europe's last frontiers. Its Soviet history, stunning natural beauty and colourful traditions make it a truly unique travel destination. Chernobyl - See the ghost town of Pripyat, the Red Forest and the 'New Safe Confinement' structure around Reactor 4 Lviv - Discover one of Ukraine's most beautiful cities with its elegant, brightly coloured houses, tucked away courtyards and golden domed churches Odesa - Spend time on the Black Sea and visit a decommissioned nuclear missile base at Pervomays.
Day 1 : Join trip in Ukraine's capital Kyiv
Day 2 : Kyiv guided tour; visit the huge Lavra Monastic Complex
Day 3 : Drive to Odesa and visit a Strategic Missile Base en route
Day 4 : Odesa walking tour; chance to see the world's largest catacombs
Day 5 : Chance to explore wetlands by boat; overnight train to Lviv
Day 6 : Arrive in the elegant city of Lviv; afternoon walking tour
Day 7 : Full day spent in the Carpathian Mountains
Day 8 : Opportunity to visit Lviv Brewing Museum or to make chocolate
Day 9 : Drive to Zhytomyr via the pretty town of Lutsk and the Tunnel of Love
Day 10 : Visit the Museum of Astronautics; free afternoon in Kyiv
Day 11 : Exciting trip into the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
Day 12 : Further explorations of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
Day 13 : Trip ends in Kyiv
- 12 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Rus (4 nights)
- Marlin Hotel (2 nights)
- Overnight Train Odesa to Lviv (1 night)
- George Hotel (3 nights)
- Reikartz Zhytomyr (1 night)
- Desyatka Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kyiv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ukraine in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121 today.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ukraine in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ukraine in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ukraine in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.