- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Break in new trails in an idyllic winter landscape
- Explore 2 national parks
- Stay in cosy accommodation in beautiful wilderness location with sauna and outdoor hot tub
- Try downhill skiing and snowmobile safaris
Nestled in the heart of the Finnish wilderness lies the beautiful Oulanka National Park, a vast expanse of snow-laden pine trees, frozen lakes and waterfalls. There is no better way to explore this stunning setting than by strapping on a pair of snowshoes and heading out to break new trails. In the company of our expert leader, we take varied day tours in the surrounding area, including a visit to the spectacular Riisitunturi National Park.
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
Day 2: Introduction to snowshoeing with an easy hike in the national park; Oulanka
Day 3: Snowshoe walk over suspension bridge around Lake Jyravajarvi and Castle
Day 4: Transfer to Riisitunturi National Park; walk through a unique landscape to
Day 5: Morning visit reindeer farm and museum with a ride on a reindeer sleigh; free
afternoon in Ruka for optional activities.
Day 6: Long snowshoe tour in Oulanka National Park following the 'Little Bear
Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing and snowmobiling; dinner around a
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 nights Basecamp Oulanka: rooms with en suite bathrooms in two separate buildings
- 5 walks snowshoeing
- No previous experience necessary
- Reasonable level of fitness is required
- Local tour leaders throughout
- Snowshoes and poles
- Any international flights to/from Kuusamo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Snowshoeing in Finland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Snowshoeing in Finland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 218 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Snowshoeing in Finland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Snowshoeing in Finland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.