- Winter adventures
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Snowshoeingcrosscountry skiingdogsledding
Oulanka is always a popular family destination, this is definitely a winter trip with a difference. The whole family can enjoy a host of exciting activities and wholesome home-cooked food rustled up by our small team of expert staff. Discover the beautiful wilderness on snowshoes, cross-country skis, dogsled and reindeer sleigh. Our wilderness base is located at the edge of Oulanka National Park in a truly spectacular setting, perfect for this fun-filled winter holiday and with the very best conditions for seeing the Northern Lights, nature’s most spectacular light show!
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: Gentle half day snowshoe walk, exploring the park; free use of snowshoes in
Day 3: Dogsledding instruction and tour of approx 10km (approx.)
Day 4: Morning cross-country ski lesson. Free use of skis after the lesson
Day 5: Morning visit reindeer farm and museum with a ride on a reindeer sleigh;
free afternoon in Ruka for optional activities.
Day 6: Free morning; campfire with pancakes for lunch, afternoon children's snow
games: sledging, building snow forts and snowmen.
Day 7: Free day. Optional activities include ice-climbing, dogsledding or snowmobile
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Kuusamo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.