- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Canoeing on Lake Juuma
- Learn wilderness skills in the Oulanka National Park
- Rafting on River Kitka
- Daily Saunas
Finland’s vast tracts of Arctic tundra, lake and forest are cloaked beneath an all-enveloping layer of snow and ice for seven months of the year but, with the first spring thaws, they’re relieved of their white shroud and the landscape positively springs back to life. Wildflowers carpet the meadows, salmon leap up the river and - in mid-summer - the sun simply refuses to set. You’ll enjoy paddling on the sparkling lakes, rafting on the waters of the River Kitka, swimming in the clear spring water and even an optional brown bear watching trip. Oulanka is always a popular winter family destination, now we are offering the chance to experience it during summer!Our wilderness base is located at the edge of Oulanka National Park in a truly spectacular setting, perfect for outdoor adventures and enjoy exciting activities together, throw in a daily sauna and...this is the life!
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka
Day 2: Introduction to paddling towards the village of Juuma.
Day 3: Check point canoeing, swimming in spring water
Day 4: The Little Bear Trail
Day 5: Rafting to Russian border
Day 6: Departure
- All accommodation
- All breakfast, 4 lunches and 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 nights comfortable wilderness lodge with all meals included
- 4 days mixed activities
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 9 years.
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Kuusamo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Finnish Summer Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Summer Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 148 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Finnish Summer Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Summer Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.