- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guided tour of Xi'an's world famous Terracotta Warriors
- Explore Xi'an and its myriad of attractions
- Visit the huge former Tang Dynasty royal palace of Daming
- Go to the birthplace of the martial art of Tai Chi at Wudang Shan
This is a superb cultural journey through the cities and
provinces of southern China, taking in several temples and other religious
sites from China's three dominant religions, Buddhism, Taoisim and
Confucianism, as well as one of the world's most impressive archaeological
sites, the Terracotta Army near Xi'an.
The centrepiece of this trip is a fantastic 3-day cruise on
the Yangtze River among Chinese families. We travel on the same ferry used by
local people, rather than a tourist ship, through magnificent scenery near the
Three Gorges, stopping off at various sites along the way. Farther south we
have the opportunity to follow the upper trail along the imposing Tiger Leaping
Gorge, one of the great treks of this part of China.
We also explore the world-famous Chengdu Research Base of
Giant Panda Breeding, the best place in the world to see China's most treasured
animal, as well as two of China's sacred mountains, Wudang Shan and Emei Shan.
Accompanied by our local Chinese guide, we'll visit
tucked-away local restaurants and street food stalls, eating as the locals do.
The food is a big part of any journey in China, and as we travel between
provinces we'll have the chance to sample the local specialities, such as
Sichuan hotpot or biangbiang noodles.
Day 1: Kunming
Day 2: Dali
Day 3: Dali
Day 4: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 5: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 6: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 7: Panzhihua
Day 8: Emei Shan
Day 9: Emei Shan
Day 10: Chengdu
Day 11: Chengdu
Day 12: Dazu
Day 13: Chongqing
Day 14: Yangtze River
Day 15: Yangtze River
Day 16: Yangtze River
Day 17: Xiang Fan
Day 18: Wudang Shan
Day 19: Wudang Shan
Day 20: Xi'an
Day 21: Xi'an
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Ferry, Overnight Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, One Local Crew Member
- 5 Breakfasts
- 0 Lunches
- 0 Dinner
- Any international flights to Kunming and from Xian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Silk Road & South China tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121 today.
- Save US$ 80+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Silk Road & South China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
The Silk Road & South China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Silk Road & South China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.