- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Dali, ancient Lijiang and the surrounding minority villages
- Stand in wonder at Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Explore Shangrila (Zhongdian) with its imposing Ganden Sumtsanling Monastery
Explore the beauty of China’s Yunnan Province as you encounter the region’s ethnic minorities and traverse heavenly landscapes akin to a Chinese ink drawing. This itinerary explores the colourful and remote Yunnan Province which has some of the most magical and diverse scenery in the country, and is also home to a third of all China's ethnic minorities. Firstly we head to the Tibetan influenced frontier town of Zhongdian, also known as Shangri La, with its well preserved Tibetan culture and home to sacred temples, rugged scenery and the impressive Ganden Sumtsanling Monastery. We then marvel at the dramatic natural beauty of Tiger Leaping Gorge, as we hike the high path through one of the world's deepest gorges in the shadow of imposing snow-capped mountains. We complete our journey exploring the cobbled streets, old wooden buildings, rural villages, local markets and fascinating museums of historic Lijiang and Dali - the centre of the Naxi, Dongba, Bai and other minority cultures.
Day 1 : Kunming to Zhongdian flight
Day 2 : In Zhongdian
Day 3 : Transfer to Tiger Leaping Gorge and hike ~4hrs
Day 4 : Hiking in Tiger Leaping Gorge ~4hrs, transfer to Lijiang
Day 5 : In Lijiang
Day 6 : Transfer Lijiang to Dali
Day 7 : Dali
Day 8 : In Dali, high speed train to Kunming where trip concludes
- Comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin-share basis
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Internal flights Kunming/Zhongdian valued at US$210
- Private air conditioned transport
- Expert bilingual guides throughout. For smaller groups of 2 or 5 passengers we employ expert local guides in each location.
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- Items of a personal nature
- Guide tips and gratuities
- Sightseeing and entry fees not listed in the itinerary
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 118 today.
- Save US$ 78+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kunming to Shangri La tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Kunming to Shangri La tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kunming to Shangri La tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
Twin Share room may not always be available for solo travelers, as it depends on each individual tour departure. If Twin Share room is not available for the departure you have booked, we will let you know.