- Local culture
- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Buffalo God Festival Join the Miao people for singing, dancing and feasting as they celebrate their enduring relationship with the Buffalo
- Shillin Wander through the strange 'Stone Forest' of Shillin
- Zhenyuan Explore this old Miao village and take a walk on a section of the Great Wall that overlooks the area
- Jiabang rice terraces Discover the picturesque and ancient rice terraces dotted with hamlets and farmers' houses
From Kunming to Hong Kong, we discover ethnic minority villages, vast ancient rice terraces and modern cities where ancient China still has a foothold. On this one off departure we witness the importance of the buffalo, relied on by farmers for thousands of years. Buffalo God Festival - Join the Miao people for a colourful festival celebrating their enduring relationship with the Buffalo Jiabang rice terraces - Discover the picturesque and ancient rice terraces dotted with hamlets and farmers' houses Huangguoshu Falls - Walk behind the 'water curtain' of one of Asia's largest waterfalls
Day 1 : Join trip in Kunming
Day 2 : Share lunch with monks at the Bamboo Temple, see the 'Stone Forest' and drive to Qujing
Day 3 : Visit Huangguoshu Falls and drive to Anshun
Day 4 : Explore Yunfeng Tunbao villages
Day 5 : Drive to Zhenyuan, take a boat trip on the Wuyang River
Day 6 : Join the Miao at Fei Yun Dong Taoist temple for the Buffalo God Festival
Day 7 : Walk along an old part of the Great Wall, drive to Leishan and visit nearby villages on the way
Day 8 : Visit Nande Village and enjoy lunch in a farmhouse
Day 9 : Drive to Jiabang Rice Terraces via Chejiang Dong village
Day 10 : Explore the spectacular Jiabang terraces and Miao villages
Day 11 : Experience the unique culture of the Basha Miao. Drive to Zhaoxing Dong village
Day 12 : Walk through Zhaoxing village and drive to Guilin
Day 13 : Sail down the Li River to Yangshuo
Day 14 : Walk in the limestone mountain scenery to Moon Hill, drive to Baisha and explore the scenery of the Yulong River
Day 15 : Travel by bullet train and ferry to Hong Kong
Day 16 : Discover the sights of Hong Kong; optional ride on the Victoria Peak Tram
Day 17 : Trip ends in Hong Kong
- 14 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights simple hotel
- 16 Breakfast
- Bus, Boat, On Foot, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kunming and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kunming to Hong Kong and the Buffalo God Festival tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 151+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kunming to Hong Kong and the Buffalo God Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kunming to Hong Kong and the Buffalo God Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kunming to Hong Kong and the Buffalo God Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.