- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Shangri La, Lijiang, Shaxi and Dali old towns
- Step back in time in the ancient city of Shaxi
- Learn about the ancient Tea Horse Trail
- Cycle through remote rural landscapes and villages of China
An cycle exploration of the ancient Tea Horse Trail through Yunnan's stunning natural beauty including Tiger Leaping Gorge. Yunnan, home to many diverse minority groups, is arguably one of China's most scenic and culturally rich regions. On this trip we will guide you along sections of the ancient Horse Tea Trail, a thoroughfare of commerce which traced some 2,250km from China’s Sichuan Province up into the high altitude capital of Tibet, Lhasa (3,700m). Starting in the spectacularly situated Shangri La, we’ll have some time to acclimatise with a warm up ride before setting out across the epic landscapes of soaring mountains, plunging valleys and ancient towns and villages. We cycling back-roads below the snow-capped peaks of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to the incredible Tiger leaping Gorge where we stop to enjoy an optional hike or simply relax and take in the beautiful scenery. Back on the bikes we'll visit ancient temples and frescoes in Shaxi, soak in hot springs in Eryuan before cycling around Er Hai Lake to the ancient Bai minority capital, Dali.
Day 1 : Arrive in Shangri La
Day 2 : Cycle Shangri La
Day 3 : Cycle to Baishuitai
Day 4 : Cycle to Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 5 : Tiger Leaping Gorge - Free Day or Optional Hike
Day 6 : Cycle through Tiger leaping Gorge, transfer to Lijiang
Day 7 : Cycle to Shaxi Old Town
Day 8 : Cycle to Eryuan Hot Springs
Day 9 : Cycle to Dali Old Town
Day 10 : In Dali, trip concludes
- Comfortable well located hotels and guesthouses
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
- Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Expert English speaking local guide and mechanic
- Modern, quality mountain bikes
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Group medical kit
- Water and snacks during rides
- Bike helmet (compulsory)
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature such as beverages, laundry and postage
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 139 today.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Yunnan's Tea Horse Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Yunnan's Tea Horse Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Yunnan's Tea Horse Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.