- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Shop for fresh produce and spices at a Kumasi market and learn how to bargain and buy like a local
- Learn how to cook some of Ghana's favourite dishes
- Discover the origins of West African cuisine's key ingredients and use them as you whip up local staples
- Pick up some Ghana cooking tips straight from a talented, home cook
Taste the distinct flavours of West Africa on this Kumasi tour which will give you the low down on how to create Ghanaian snacks and meals via a local home cook who has skills and stories to share.
Get acquainted with the unique flavours and ingredients of West African cuisine on this Kumasi culinary adventure.
Join your local guide and set off for a market visit for some bargaining lessons amongst the colourful produce. Take the time to learn a little about bargaining, as well as the various uses of spices and other key ingredients in local and national cuisines. With markets playing an integral part in modern African life, be sure to soak it all in, wander the market aisles and discover what's on offer.
After the market visit, meet up with an experienced local home cook to learn how to prepare a delicious, traditional Ghanaian feast. With a variety of tribes all coexisting within the country, there are many different influences present in the cuisine of Ghana, so this experience promises to be both informative and supremely tasty.
Take your first steps towards mastering Ghana's cooking style by learning how to cook one of the staples of Ghanaian food known as wakye. This simple yet filling meal of beans and rice, flavoured with spices, is considered a local delicacy and is a hit with vegetarians. Also on the menu is koose, a snack made from fried beans, which is a popular street food with locals and travellers alike. Don't forget to indulge in your new Ghanaian cooking prowess by sampling your culinary creations!
With a full stomach and a range of new cooking skills ready to use in your own kitchen back home, your Kumasi food tour comes to a close. Keep this experience in your back pocket - you never know when you might want to break out the wakye back home!
- Local English speaking guide
- Shared public taxi
- Cooking lesson
- Ingredients for cooking lesson.
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food at the market
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 49 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Kumasi Traditional Cooking Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kumasi Traditional Cooking Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Prempeh II Jubilee Museum at Kumasi Cultural Centre. Meeting end point : Kumasi Urban Adventures, Adum Kumasi.