- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
- Pass through plantations and rainforests.
- Collect fresh produce from farms to make a traditional meal.
- Embark on a river safari through crocodileinfested waters.
Made with animal lovers in mind, this 13-day tour through Malaysia's rural landscapes, jungles, and national parks puts you in their natural habitats. Wild orangutans, gibbons, and saltwater crocodiles are abound in this region and you'll also get the opportunity to visit hatcheries and reserves centres to learn how endangered species are being rehabilitated. It's all your favourite nature documentaries come to life.
Day 1: Kuching
Day 2: Kuching/Bako National Park
Day 3: Kuching/Batang Ai
Day 4: Batang Ai
Day 5: Batang Ai/Kuching
Day 6: Kuching/Kota Kinabalu
Day 7: Kota Kinabalu/Kota Belud
Day 8: Kota Belud/Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 9: Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 10: Sungai Kinabatangan/Sepilok
Day 11: Sepilok/Pulau Libaran
Day 12: Pulau Libaran/Kota Kinabalu
Day 13: Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels/guesthouses (6), traditional longhouse (1 nt, multi-share), homestay (1 nt, multi-share), jungle lodge (3 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt).
12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD115-150 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, longboat, walking, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Local Living Moment: Iban Longhouse Homestay, Batang Ai
- Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Kota Belud
- Bako NP excursion
- Trading town and farm visit
- Blowpipe demonstration
- Forest hike and local lunch
- Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Internal flights
- Morning and evening Kinabatangan River safaris
- Guided oxbow lake visit and wildlife spotting (Kinabatangan)
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Turtle Island stay with turtle hatchery visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kuching and from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sarawak and East Sabah Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 117 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 78 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 18 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sarawak and East Sabah Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sarawak and East Sabah Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.