- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Summit Mt Kinabalu and witness the sunrise
- Discover orangutans and wildlife in their natural habitat
- Ascend Gunung Api for the limestone pinnacles
- Travel by longboat and explore cave formations
A real Borneo adventure. Trek rainforest and jungle trails in search of wildlife such as Orangutan, ascend limestone pinnacles and climb Mt Kinabalu. Sarawak and Sabah, located in the north of Malaysian Borneo, offer the ideal base for exploration of indigenous cultures, limestone formations, jungles, forests and an array of wildlife. Sarawak is home to amazing limestone caves, headhunter trails and the razor sharp Pinnacles. Sabah is covered in impenetrable tropical rainforest where the rafflesia – the world’s largest flowering plant, thrives together with an eclectic mix of other unusual plants. However, it is the wildlife for which Sabah is best known and we will wander trails through the forest reserves. Our adventure continues where we ascend high above the jungle canopy to the summit of Mount Kinabalu. It is unlikely that you could find a trip with more diversity and adventure.
Day 1 : Arrive Kuching
Day 2 : Travel to Nanga Sumpa
Day 3 : Trek to Mawang Camp
Day 4 : Trek to Sungai Mawang
Day 5 : Trek to Nanga Sumpa Lodge
Day 6 : Nanga Sumpa to Kuching
Day 7 : Fly to Mulu National Park, Deer Lang and Caves
Day 8 : Explore Wind and Clearwater Caves
Day 9 : Gunung Api Pinnacles
Day 10 : Fly to Kota Kinabalu
Day 11 : Trek to Pana Laban
Day 12 : Summit Mount Kinabalu
Day 13 : Fly to Sandakan, Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre & Kinabatangan River
Day 14 : Morning River Cruise, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels, simple park lodges/camps
- 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 9 dinners (and 1 supper/early breakfast before the summit climb)
- Airport transfers on Day 1, Day 14 and domestic flights
- Private air conditioned vehicles
- Local guides (English speaking). You will have a different local guide for each major section of the trip including Kuching, Mulu and Kinabalu
- National Park permit fees
- Sightseeing and entry fees as per itinerary
- International airfare, Visa, Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Domestic flights: Kuching-Mulu, Mulu-Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu-Sandakan
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Porters for the trek to the Pinnacles or the Mt Kinabalu climb.
- Excess baggage charges
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 July 2021, a deposit of 352 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.